Chapter Twelve💖

Thanks for your support👊👊.  God bless you all richly🙋🙋.
Enjoy😍😍

I was happy the mock exams had finally come to an end. I wasn't really  happy for the midterm break. It wasn't going to be as fun filled and  restful as it used  be in previous terms. I remember the times when I usually hanged out with my friends during the midterm. Teachers used the mid-term break as an opportunity to bombard us with assignments. Their intentions obviously was to keep us  very busy making me wonder the objective of the break. I doubted if the break was meant for rest. Trust me to rush my assignments and enjoy the remaining days of the break.

This time JSS 3 class wasn't part of the break. Our exams was fast approaching, hence the need for intensive revisions. 
It was already mid week. The attending of classes this week was really boring. Mainly because only JSS 3 came to school.

My tutor miss Angela ensured that she kept me occupied all the time. She gave me lots of assignments to keep me busy all day. I did the assignments and study during my free time in the day, and do revisions and corrections in the evening hours with her. It was the best thing to do at this moment. I studied hard to come out with flying colours.

I, Benita and Rachel did group study as  It was our collective goal to excel.

I was  seated  on a sofa in the sitting room. The weather was warm though it was already afternoon  and I was bored so I decided to watch TV. After all, "all work and no play makes Edna a dull girl." I muttered.
I sipped some orange juice from a glass cup I had prepared by myself.

There was blackout, the TV went off. This is Nigeria for you.  I went back to my room I needed to rest before miss Angela arrival.

I lay on my bed for some rest.  Indeed there  was more work waiting ahead of me. The JSCE (Junior Secondary Certificate Exams)  exams was a few weeks away.

****

Its mid afternoon today the sun really hot outside.  I was on my favorite couch  in the sitting room watching a fashion show. I couldn't go to school today, I was having diarrhea. It made me weak in the morning. Thank God it was a thing of the past now after I took some medicine.

I look through the window to see mum park her car.  Shortly the   door flung open, I ran to go welcome my mum. Her face is having a light make-up, matching with her orange background Ankara. Native wears  was the ideal thing for work on Fridays. 

"Mum welcome home." I say bubbling.  "Oh my Kaima, how are you doing." She asks me. "Fine ma." I reply. "Happy to hear that my angel is doing fine." She remarked.

"Surprise, surprise Kaima." Guess what? She hinted me.  "Hmm, mum you got promoted. I guess
"No, It's not that." Okay mum, a huge contract. "No, not that." "Then I have to give up o. You know that I am not so good at guessing I have tried. 

"Okay o. Check this out," she stretches forward her right hand   towards me.  Handing over a brown envelope to me. 

What could be in it?

My names are boldly written on the envelope, with marker  in a neat handwritten. It was my mock results. I wasn't expecting it so soon. Perhaps the principal called her to pick up my result since I  wasn't in school today.

I hurry to seat on a sofa.
I Put my hands into the envelope carefully bringing out some sheets of papers. That's the way our termly results were usually given.

I perused through the main result sheet. It is still the way it used to be. I scan through  looking out for the position and average score. Fortunately I came second and with 98.60 as a cumulative average score.
I hugged my mum in delight. I was happy I passed  though I had aspired for the first position.

"My baby, I am so proud of you." She pat my back softly.  "Awwn, mummy is happy." I loved sharing my happiness with my loved ones.
"This calls for celebration, i'm sure your dad will be happy to see this result."
She say climbing up the stairs.
I am so happy I rush to my room to get my phone . I need to tell Edith and my friends.

I dial Edith's number and its not  reachable. So I decide to call Benita. And luckily its ringing.
"Hello Ije," I call that name when ever I am excited. It was the short for Ijeoma her middle name.

"Hi Edna." She responded.
"Ije guess what?" I effuse happily. "Hmm, you  should know that I am not so good  in guessing ." She appealed.
"Okay o. Have you checked your result.
"No." You know the envelope is sealed and I can't open it until my parents return." she explain.

"Alright." 
"So have you collected yours."
"Yes my mum brought it for me."
" Yes i saw her on my way home."
"Gist me na, how is it like. Let me guess what I should be expecting."
"Okay,  I got second position." "Wow, Congrats Edna I am so proud of you. I'm happy for you my gem." 
"Thanks dear."
"Your welcome. 
" Call you later when I check mine  bye." "Bye dear."

....

Later in the evening I'm in my room with my phone. I lay on my bed playing subway surfers. I love the  game. The way the girl runs in the game amuses me.
Go girl, jump. "Yes you can make it." I say as if advising her the way a coach would.
And so unfortunately she gets knocked  down by a fastly moving train. I'm not ready to start it all over again. I press the back button on my phone. I scroll through my applications in search of whatsapp. I need to check on my friends.

Luckily they are both online. Immediately the call is connected their beautiful faces display on my screen.

Hi Rachel. I greet them grinning from ear to ear.
Hey Edna, how are you?  Rachel asked. I itched the back of my ear before replying "Am fine." 
"Benita  have you checked your result. It isn't what I was expecting..
The network is terrible, i cant see or hear from them anymore. the call is terminated. But what do you think must have happened

Enjoy your week😍😍. God bless you🙋🙋, please tap on the orange star🙏. Vote, comment before you leave❤❤