you meet at an award show and he asks you out (requested)

Ashton swallowed thickly, trying to stop his hands from shaking nervously.

Tonight are the IHeartRadio awards and the boys have a couple of nominations, and even though he's excited about that he's even more excited to see you.

He's a huge fan of you and your music. He's tweeted you some of his favorite songs and his opinions on them all, always giddy when you give them a like or even reply back to him. Now, he was closer to you than ever before. You were just a row away from the boys, front and center to witness all of the incredible performances and speeches.

There was a break occurring, giving everyone time to stretch their legs, meet some fans, and prepare for what came next. Ashton was staring at you, completely zoned out of the conversation the boys were having around him. Luke looked to where Ashton was looking and he, along with Michael and Calum, giggled a little over how mesmerized he seemed to be.

"Go say hi!" Calum encouraged.

"Are you kidding? She's way more famous and popular than we'll ever be. Why would she wanna talk to me? Look at everyone who's already over there talking to her; Post Malone, Khalid... why would she wanna talk to me instead?"

Luke huffed at his shy friend and stood up. "Alright then. I'm going to talk to her for you."

"Wait!" Luke stopped in his tracks and they both looked at you, watching you as you laughed with one of your longtime friends. "Okay. I-I'll go." He took a deep breath and stood up before making his way over to you.

He cleared his throat when he saw you sitting alone now. You lifted your head when you saw him standing in front of you. He watched you smile at him and it felt like his heart was gonna pound right out of his chest. "Um... hey, y/n. I'm-"

"Ashton. Yeah, I know you. It's so nice to finally meet you!" You stood up and hugged him.

"It's so nice to meet you too. I'm a huge fan of you and your music. Not to be cheesy or anything because I'm sure you hear it a lot but your music has kinda been what I turn to when things get hard."

You cooed and rubbed his shoulder. "That's so sweet! I could say the same thing. Your music is just incredible and... you have a really beautiful voice."

Your compliment caused his cheeks to go red. "Thanks. That's means a lot to me and the other boys." He nodded to the boys who were all intently watching everything unfold. They waved back to you when you waved excitedly at them.

"I just wanted to come and say hi and tell you that I really admire you. I think you're really beautiful and I love the music you make, how kind you are, and how passionate you are about your craft."

"Oh, thanks! It's so nice to see someone familiar. I'm easily intimated and-"

"No matter how many awards shows you attend, it's still something you can't get used to?" He finished for you, watching as your smile returned.

"Yeah. You get it."

He nodded.

"Thanks for calling me beautiful, by the way."

He laughed and poked your pink cheek, watching as you laughed and pulled back a little. "You are beautiful."

You stared at each other for a moment until you looked away and tucked a hair behind your ear.

"Forgive me if I overstep or if you're already in a relationship or something but... do you maybe wanna go out sometime?"

You chuckled before rapidly nodding your head. "I'd love that a lot! Um, here," You grabbed your phone from your clutch and handed it to him, allowing him to enter his number. You were about to talk some more when you heard them announce that the show was about to return and everyone needed to take their seats.

"I'll see you later?"

"Yeah. See you, Ash!"

He turned to walk away before turning back to you real quick. "By the way, I'll be cheering when you win tonight!" He winked, making you blush.

You really couldn't wait for that date with him.