you pass out at a meet and greet (requested)

You could faintly hear someone calling out your name.

The voice sounded very familiar but distant. You could feel someone shaking your shoulder and when your eyes fluttered open you saw a familiar face that you never imagined you'd see in front of your eyes.

There in front of you sat Ashton. As you weakly moved your head you could see the other boys around you as well as a medic. Your eyes felt heavy but Ashton stopped you from closing them. "Y/n?"

You hummed and watched as Luke passed something to him. "Here, y/n. Take a few sips of this. It's some cold water. You got overheated and dehydrated, you need to drink some of this." You sat up a little and took a few sips. It soothed your dry throat.

You looked over at Ashton who was already looking at you with a look of concern in his eyes. "Y-You know my name?" He chuckled and soothingly rubbed your arm with his hand. "Yeah, you told it to me before you passed out."

You felt a little humiliated. Although you look up to the boys, particularly Ashton the most, you never saw yourself being one who would lose consciousness around them. "Sorry about that."

Ashton shook his head, his eyes soft as he gazed at you. "No worries. It wasn't your fault. As I said, they said you were overheated and a little dehydrated. Besides, you're not the first one to pass out on me and I'm sure you won't be the last." He teased causing you to giggle.

You couldn't believe you were actually talking with Ashton this way. It almost felt like you've known him for years instead of just minutes. "Are you doing okay? Are you hot or feeling weak or anything?"

"No. I'm okay. I think I can stand now." He held his hand out for you to grab and with a red tint to your cheeks you happily accepted it. When you were on your feet and they were sure you weren't gonna pass out again he held his arms out for a proper hug instead of the tiny and weak one you gave him earlier.

"It's so nice to meet you, y/n. You gave us all quite a scare. I'm happy you're okay." He smiled softly as you pulled away. A few words hung on the tip of your tongue but faded quickly as Michael pulled you in for a hug. Luke and Calum quickly did the same.

They took their time with you since you had a rough few minutes. You made lighthearted conversation until the photographer asked if anyone was ready for a picture. At first, you stood between Calum and Luke until Ashton spoke up. "Y/n, come here to me. Stand with me and Mikey."

He wrapped his arms around you to keep you close and secure as the photographer snapped the picture. You pulled back from Ashton and hugged him one last time. "I should go. You have more fans waiting to meet you." Ashton shook his head and took your wrist. "Wait one second, y/n."

He walked with you away from the boys and grabbed one of the passes from a table. He put it around your neck with a gentle smile. "What's this for?" You wondered. "It's a backstage pass so I can see you after the show."

You cracked a smile but were also taken aback by his words. This is the person you've looked up to for as long as you can remember. You would've pinched yourself to see if you were dreaming, but the brush of his hand across yours told you that it wasn't.

"But... why?" A chuckle fell from his lips before he gazed back up at you. "Honestly? Because I'm worried about you and I wanna make sure you're alright. Plus, I think you're really cool and I'd love to get to know you more."

You nodded shyly. "O-Okay." You stuttered. "Take care of yourself until I see you again tonight, y/n. Drink lots of water. I'll see you soon." He let go of your hand to go meet other fans, leaving you to become excited to see him again later on.