he comforts you when you're sad (requested)

Ashton closed the door behind him as he stepped inside.

He was so happy. The boys had just finished a brand new song, one they were all so proud of, especially Ashton.

He could hear the tv from the living room. If it was even possible, he felt even happier knowing that you were just in the other room. He put his things down on the counter before going into the living room. The smile on his face fell when he saw you sitting on the edge of the couch with your face buried in your hands.

"Hey," he whispered softly as he sat down next to you. He put his hands on your shoulders and his heart broke when he heard you whimper and cry. "What's wrong, baby?" He asked as he hugged you against his side. He tried to pull your hands away from your face but you refused to bring them down.

He pulled you onto his lap and let you bury your face in his shirt. He could feel your tears seeping through the soft fabric, but he didn't care one bit. He pulled the blanket from the back of the couch and wrapped it tightly around your body to make you feel cozy.

He rubbed your back softly. "It's okay. Whatever it is that has you so upset you can talk to me about it. I'm right here, y/n." You sniffled and lightly coughed against his shirt to which he just shushed you. "Shh. I've got you."

It took you a few minutes to calm down. But your cries soon turned to whimpers, your ragged breathing became more normal, and you stopped shaking in his embrace. When you started to come around and felt how tightly yet comfortingly he was hugging you you hugged him back just as tight, needing him to know how much you needed him.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled into his shirt. "Don't be sorry. It's okay, everything's gonna be alright." He soothed. A small smile returned to his face when he felt your lips touch his neck. "Feeling better?" You shrugged and buried your face in his neck.

The smell of his cologne filled your senses. It was your favorite. He always wears it because he knows how much you love it. "Wanna talk to me about it?" he whispered and you pondered for a second before shaking your head.

"Later. I just want you to hold me for right now."

He kissed your head. "Okay. Just know that whenever you're ready, I'm here." He felt you crack a smile against his skin. You let out a shaky breath, eyes closing as you focused on his touch, and his soft voice in your ear.

A few minutes fo silence passed by before you spoke up. "This is why I fell in love with you. Because you care so much about me. You always hold me when I'm sad and you're here for me when I need you most."

Ashton didn't give you a verbal response, only grabbing your chin to bring you in for a kiss. "I'll always be here for you."

You put your head on his shoulder and breathed out. "You okay now?" He asked and you could hear the worry in his voice, even though he tried not to show it.

You looked at him, seeing the look in his eyes made any of the worries or sadness that lingered in your heart disappear as a warm feeling spread through it.

You nodded and kissed his neck. "Yeah, I am now. Because of you."

As his grip around you tightened, all you could think about was how lucky you felt to have him and how much you truly loved him. It was hard to be sad when he made you feel so loved and so happy.