you slip in the shower

You discarded your clothes and threw them across the room away from you.

You had a long day and all you wanted was to step inside the shower and wash away all of your stress and tension and the memory of the bad day you'd had.

You let out a sigh of relief when you got inside and the warm water hit your skin. You soaked your hair before reaching for the shampoo. You lathered it into your hair and went to take a step forward to make sure the suds got rinsed out from the back of your hair, too.

But you ended up getting some shampoo onto the shower floor and before you knew it you were on the floor with a shooting pain going through your ankle.

You whimpered out in pain and heard footsteps racing towards the bathroom. You heard the door fly open and the shower curtain was pulled back. "What happened, y/n?" You whimpered as he helped you sit up. "I slipped and fell."

He turned the water off and grabbed the towel from the sink. He wrapped it around you before looking you over. "Does your head hurt? Do you feel dizzy? Are you bleeding? Anything hurt badly?"

"My ankle. It really hurts, Ash. I fell onto it." He winced when he saw it looked bruised and swollen. "I think you broke it. Let's get you to the hospital, okay?" He helped you up, but the throbbing pain in your ankle made you fall right to your knees.

Ashton picked you up and took you into the bedroom. He helped you into some clean clothes before carrying you out to the car and driving you to the emergency room where you spent an agonizing two hours getting examined and having x-rays done, only to find that it was indeed broken.

As soon as you were home and laying in bed just a few bites later, Ashton was waiting on you hand and foot. He slid a throw pillow under your foot to make sure your ankle was elevated. He got you some ice but wrapped it in a towel so it wouldn't rest directly on your skin.

"Doing okay? Need some more medicine for the pain?" You shook your head and tugged on his wrist making him fall into bed next to you. "I'm okay, Ash. The pain isn't too bad right now." He nodded and kissed your cheek softly. "Just tell me if that changes, okay? If it starts to hurt in the middle of the night you wake me up and I'll get you some medicine. You heard what the doctor said - no putting any pressure on it."

You sighed, knowing your freedom was gonna be very limited for a while. But still, you couldn't find it in you to complain. Not when Ashton was there with you and was happy to care for you and get you whatever it was that you wanted and needed with no questions asked.

"I hated seeing you hurting so badly. I just want you to feel better. Any way that I can help you, even if it's gonna help in even the slightest, you tell me and I'll do it in a heartbeat." You smiled at him and ran your hand through his hair before pushing your lips against his.

"Okay, Ashton. I promise I'll let you know. Thanks for being there and for holding my hand and keeping me calm earlier."

You caressed his face and he wrapped his fingers around your hand, pulling your palm to his lips. "That's what I'm here for. Now close your eyes and get some sleep. I'm gonna be right here all night if you need anything at all. Don't you hesitate to wake me."

He covered you up with a blanket and wrapped an arm around your side as he snuggled up behind you and buried his face in your neck. He placed a few butterfly kisses across your neck and checked to make sure you had fallen asleep before he let himself do the same.