just friends? - part two (requested)

While the upbeat music played over the speakers you allowed yourself a moment to grab something to drink.

You sipped the liquid in the glass and looked around the room. Your eyes fell on Ashton who was looking your way as he spoke to the DJ, sending him a smile before he made his way to you. You heard the sound of slow music fill the room as he held his hand out for you to take.

"Wanna dance?" He asked and the sparkle in his eyes made it impossible to say no.

"Sure. But I'm not much of a dancer. I might fall on my butt." You joked and he only shook his head. "I won't let you fall."

He pulled you onto the dance floor, putting his hands on your hips as you put yours on his back. "You really do look beautiful." He said causing you to lower your head with a blush.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked as he stared down at you.

"Of course you can, Ash. You can tell me anything."

He let a deep breath go before he spoke again. "Earlier, when your aunt came up to you, calling me your boyfriend... I really liked it."

Your heart started to beat faster in your chest.

"Do you...?"

"Like you? Yeah. I have for a long time. From the day we first met on campus. I just never said anything to you because I didn't wanna ruin anything between us. But being here with you today, with how stunning you look, and being surrounded by all this love... I guess it's just made it all impossible to hide how I really feel about you."

He didn't know what to expect but when you smiled at him he almost sighed in relief. Until you kissed him.

Putting your arms around his neck he kissed you softly, only pulling away when a fast song came on, startling you both.

You giggled but when it changed to another slow song, seeing as everyone was still slow dancing with each other, you leaned in to kiss him again. But before you did, you whispered something against his lips. "I like you too."

"Maybe that'll be us one day..." Ashton trailed off shyly as he looked over at your cousin and his now-wife.

"Maybe."

He grinned and leaned his forehead on yours, gazing into your eyes as he thought back to what your aunt said again...

He really was your boyfriend now.