mistletoe kisses

You were greeted with a warm embrace as soon as you walked through the door. Burying your face in the crook of your boyfriend's neck, you breathed in the smell of his cologne that lingered on his soft skin. He smelled amazing and his warm arms wrapped around you tightly, making you feel warm and secure.

"Welcome home, my love. Have a good day? I sure hope you did." He said and you didn't even have to look at him to know he was wearing that grin you love so much. He lifted you off your feet as he squeezed you tightly, humming in your ear when you giggled against his neck.

"It was good."

"Good. I've got something to make it even better." He said as he set you on your feet. You pulled away from him and stared at him for a moment. His hair looked so soft, you wanted to run your fingers through it. He looked happy; not just from the smile on his face or the sparkle in his eyes, but they were crinkled when he gazed at you and you always know he's genuinely happy when they do that.

You leaned over to kiss him but you only felt his finger on your lips instead of his own soft, warm lips on yours. You pouted and he tickled your sides playfully.

"No pouting. You're gonna love this. Promise. C'mon." He smiled and took your hand to lead you up the stairs. He walked you to your shared bed and you looked all around but didn't see anything out of place or spot anything special.

"What is it?" You asked curiously and he nodded to the mistletoe hung over the bed. You laughed and put your hands on his shoulders. "Cute."

"You like it?" He asked as he put his hands on your hips before falling onto the bed and pulling you down with him. Your chest hit his, your laugh in his ear causing his chest to fill with butterflies.

"I love it, Ash."

"Good. Now, are you gonna kiss me or not?' He teased and moved his hands from your hip to cup your cheeks.

You leaned down, letting your lips crash on his. They felt soft and warm against your own as he kissed you lovingly. His hands stayed on your cheeks, his thumbs brushing along them ever so softly. He sighed against your lips, craving every kiss you shared more than the last.

"I love you, y/n."

"Love you too, Ash. Happy early Christmas." You mumbled before kissing him again.