you meet him in a bar on vacation (requested)

It's the last night of your vacation and while your friends wanted to spend it at the beach, you wanted to spend it at the bar, so you went your separate ways for the night.

You walked into the surprisingly empty bar. There weren't many people there. Just a few on the dance floor and one man at the bar, sipping on his drink with his head down. You went to the bar and ordered your favorite before sitting down on the chair.

And that's when something caught your attention. The sound of sniffling. It was coming from the man beside you. Though he had his head down you could see the tear stains on his cheeks. He continued to drink away his pain; whatever was hurting him wasn't as intense when he was able to drink it away.

"Are you okay?" You asked and watched as his head shot up. You could see the tears in his eyes that looked bloodshot and puffy. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to pry but you seem really upset."

"'Cause I am. It's hard not to be when you find out your girlfriend is cheating on you while you're on vacation."

Your heart shattered not only because of the situation but the pain in his voice. You may not know him personally, but you could already tell he didn't deserve anything like that. You gently laid your fingers on his arm causing him to turn his attention away from his drink and back to you. "I'm so sorry."

He actually cracked a small smile. "Thanks."

Your drink was placed down in front of you while the man beside you finished his. "Excuse me? Can I have another?" He asked the bartender. "Same thing?" The man glanced at you and smiled then turned back to the bartender. "No. Give me what she's got."

You chuckled and sipped yours down rather quickly. "I'm y/n, by the way."

He smiled that beautiful smile at you and you felt your knees weaken. "I'm Ashton." He wrapped his fingers around the glass and downed his drink. And the night continued to go on like that for a while.

You talked and got to know more about each other. Ashton was apparently here on a much-needed vacation, just like you were with your friends. You got carried away; downing drink after drink, sharing laughter and interesting facts about each other until the bartender cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Sorry to do this, but we're closing."

Ashton looked back at you and pulled out his wallet. He threw some money down, enough to cover both of your tabs, and then smiled at you. "Have a good night." Ashton slurred to the bartender as he gave him a nice tip and then took your hand, slowly but carefully walking with you.

Maybe it was the alcohol swimming through your veins. Maybe it was how handsome this man was and how he made you feel a way you haven't felt in a long time...

But something gave you the nerve to kiss him.

It didn't take long for your back to be pressed against his hotel door or for his lips to feverishly move against yours in a kiss that made you feel weak in the knees. He made you feel like you never had before, and you didn't want the night to end.

You woke up the next morning to warm breath fanning against your bare skin. Your eyes fluttered open to see Ashton laying beside you. While this would probably only freak you out normally, something about waking up next to him made you feel... happy.

But you knew the feeling wasn't gonna be mutual. You were both intoxicated last night.

He stirred next to you, letting out a loud yawn before opening his eyes. He saw you lying next to him, felt your warm skin next to his, and you could've sworn you saw him smile.

But your nerves were getting the best of you. And as you reached for your clothes you also saw the time on the clock that was set on the table beside your bed. You groaned and realized you only had a few hours till you had to leave to go home with your friends.

You reached for your shirt but a hand on your back stopped you. "Where are you goin'?"

You sighed and turned to the beautiful man behind you. "I'm leaving."

"What? Why?"He asked and sat straight up, his voice sounding almost panicky.

"Ashton, we were both drunk last night. You wouldn't want me to stay, even if I could."

"How could you say that? You think I was drunk and that's why I brought you here?"

"Kinda! Or maybe because of your ex-"

His face fell and you immediately felt guilty. "I'm sorry. That was uncalled for."

He shook his head and slowly reached out to grab your hand. "Y/n... Yes, I was upset about my ex. But then, I met you. I didn't bring you here to use you or to take my mind off her. I brought you here because I think you're absolutely beautiful. You're kind and you're smart," He paused and laced your fingers with his. "I like you. I might have only known you for a few hours last night but I really do like you. I swear I would never take advantage of you."

You smiled and leaned in to kiss him but pulled away right before your lips locked. "Shoot. I have to leave in a few hours." You groaned and threw yourself back onto the bed. "Last night was the best night of vacation so far. I really don't wanna leave."

He leaned down and nudged his nose against your cheek. "Then don't."

You chuckled nervously. "Ashton, I have to."

"Just think about it. You don't wanna leave, I don't want you to leave. I'm here for another week. You don't have to stay with me. I'll pay for you to get another room if you'd be more comfortable that way. I know the one next to me is open."

You smiled over how excited he seemed to be getting.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to."

You looped your arms around his neck. You thought about it while you gazed into his eyes. This was unlike you; taking leaps of faith without knowing how things would turn out. But something in Ashton's eyes gave you hope and you had to admit, you didn't wanna leave him either.

"Okay. But I should call my friends."

He nodded. "I'll go brush my teeth then we can go get your things if you want to."

He went to get up but you tugged him back down. "I'll call them in a minute."

Ashton's eyes turned bright and he smiled the most beautiful smile you've ever seen. He kissed you softly and made your heart race in your chest, which he noticed right away. He leaned his forehead onto yours, grinning as he pulled away from the kiss. "Your heart is racing."

You brushed your fingers through his hair and smiled at him. "Yours is too." He sighed as he put his head down on your shoulder. "That's just something you do to me."

You closed your eyes as he breathed against your skin. "I'm happy you're staying." He mumbled. "Me too."

It was safe to say that this vacation was the best one ever.