28th: Blessing

Mark's POV

I woke up with my head lying on Vee's chest, and his arms were draped unto my waist. I looked at the clock at the nightstand and saw that it was 7 in the morning. I only got less than 4 hours of sleep because of North's celebration yesterday.

I looked over at the person sleeping peacefully by my side and I can't help but smile now that I understood everything that happened between us. And now, we have already reconciled from our huge fight and misunderstanding for the past two months.

I shifted carefully and quietly in order to not wake him up from his sleep. I stood up and walked to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. After so, I got my phone from the nightstand and went out of the bedroom to cook. I'm gonna finish making breakfast first before I wake him up.

I started cooking a simple breakfast for both of us. I made fried rice, sausages, bacon, and eggs. I also made brewed coffee from the espresso machine that I just bought recently. As I was preparing the table, my phone suddenly rang. I grabbed it from the table and saw that it was Joss who was calling.

"Hey Joss." I greeted cheerfully as I answered his call.

"Good morning. Seems like you're in a good mood?" he asked.

I laughed. "Yeah, you can say that." I answered.

"That's great!" he exclaimed. "I've been worried for quite a while now. Can I ask what makes you happy now?" he asked again.

"You can say its a 'who' instead of a what." I said knowingly.

It seems like he got what I meant right away. "Oh, now I know. How did you two get back together? I thought you went to your friend's party last night?" he asked.

"Fate may have had worked it ways. He was at the party last night since my friend who had a celebration is our common friend. He explained everything to me and it was all a big misunderstanding." I answered.

"I'm happy that both of you are okay now. But wait, that means I'll spend lesser time with you from now on." he said.

I laughed because I can imagine him pouting right now. "Of course not silly. You're my best friend Joss and you know how much I want to repay you for all your help whenever I need you." I answered.

"Psh, your boyfriend is too jealous of me, we both know that." he said.

"I know right. We talked last night and he said he wanted to punch you so you could stop getting close to me. You know him, childish as ever." I said as we laughed.

"Its still too early, you already have a call? Is that for work?" a voice asked.

I looked at where it was coming from and it was Vee. He was standing at the door of my bedroom and looking at me. "No its not for work. Its nothing." I answered. I didn't bother telling him who it really was because I don't want him to be jealous again.

He crossed his arms. "Nothing? But you were laughing so hard, I can hear it even at your room." he said, his eyebrows already furrowed.

"Its really nothing baby." I reassured him.

"Psh, let me see." he said and he approached me to get my phone.

"Its really nothing Vee." I said as I stepped back, not letting him have my phone.

He looked at me suspiciously. "If its really nothing. Why won't you let me see your phone?" he asked as he still tried to get my phone. He grabbed my phone but I tightened my hold of it, so we were practically competing on who will be able to get it.