11th: Fear

Warning: Sexual Content

Mark's POV

"Ploy?" Vee asked, surprised. "What are you doing here?" he asked. I can see in Vee's eyes the different mix of shock and fear. Even I am shocked and scared that she might have seen us earlier.

"I'm here to eat with my friends." she said. "How about you Vee? What are you doing here?" she asked in return and looked at me.

"Im here to eat with my junior from college." Vee answered and looked at me.

"Just the two of you?" she asked again while looking at me still. She raised her eyebrows and looked at me from top to bottom as if judging me.

"Yes. Others will follow later at the bar since they still have work to do." Vee answered again confidently, trying to show Ploy that he is telling the truth.

She nodded and smiled. "How rude of me to not introduce myself." she said. "I'm Ploy, Vee's wife." she added and extended her hand.

I stood up and smiled. "I'm Mark, Vee's junior. Its nice to meet you, Vee has told many stories about you." I said and shook her hand.

"Well, I hope his stories were good." she joked. "As much as I want to talk to you more, my friends are already waiting at our table. I'll see you soon Mark." she said.

"I'll see you soon too." I answered while smiling.

"Don't drink too much okay? You're going to drive." she reminded Vee and held his hand. She then kissed his cheek and excused herself to go to her own table that was a bit far from ours.

My smile instantly faded, while Vee then looked at me right away. I was dumbfounded and didn't know what to do. I quickly diverted my gaze and looked down to my food.

We both sighed deeply as soon as she sat on her seat. "That was close. Are you fine baby?" Vee asked and held my hand that was resting on the table.

I quickly removed my hand and placed it on my lap. "S-she might see us." I whispered. Although she can't see us right now, we should always be careful because something that happened today might happen again.

"I'm sorry baby. I didn't know she was coming here. If I had known, of course I won't have gone here with you." he apologized and looked at me in the eyes.

I gave him a weak smile and looked away. "Its fine baby. Lets just eat fast and go to another place." I lied.

I was so scared earlier. Many questions lingered to my mind making it go blank. Good thing I was able to act normally earlier. I was scared of his wife finding out and I was terrified that it will be the last time I'll see Vee.

"Okay baby." he said and smiled back.

We continued eating quietly, none of us talking or even making eye contact. As soon as we finished, Vee paid for the bill and we went out. He rode his own car and I rode mine. We decided to meet up again at a bar a bit far from the restaurant.

We sat on the couch on the end side of the bar, where we won't be seen much by people. We ordered our drinks and we were both quiet until Vee decided to break the ice. "I'm sorry baby." he started.

"For what?" I asked.

"For earlier. I really didn't know --"

"Its fine Vee. I'm okay. I'm sure you really didn't know she was going to the same restaurant. Let's not think about it anymore." I cut him off and gave him a reassuring smile.

To be honest, I'm not okay. I am so fucking insecure. Not because of her looks or anything but because of the fact that Vee belongs to her and I'm just a mere outsider. I didn't have any prerogative to kiss Vee in public.