24th: Revenge

Mark's POV

"Good morning young master." the maids and bodyguards greeted me as they bowed. They were all lined up on the front door of our house.

I removed my shades and gave them a smile. "Good morning." I answered back and I continued to walk inside. I directly went to the dining room as I'm going to have breakfast with my parents.

"Good morning mom, dad. I missed you." I greeted them and kissed their cheeks as soon as I saw them.

My mom gave me a tight hug. "I missed you too baby." she answered back.

We pulled away and sat down in our usual places as the food started to be served. My mom placed a lot of food in my plate as usual. "So, how's Japan?" my dad asked as we were eating.

"Its great dad. Everything's amazing: the weather, the tourist attractions and of course, the food. I think I gained a lot of weight in my vacation there." I answered with a big smile on my face as I remembered my trip to Japan.

Its been two months since I last saw Vee, and with those two months, I've also considered myself dead. I didn't have the motivation to do things, my mind always wanders to deep thoughts, so in short, I was a mess. I didn't take care of myself properly. I wouldn't even eat properly and didn't even care about how I look. I would go to bars and clubs every night just to try to forget everything by being drunk.

It seems like my parents noticed it and since they're very worried, they asked me to have a one week off and I decided to just go to Japan. I'm really thankful that they understood me and didn't ask the real reason why I was acting like that. It was my first time to travel alone but I didn't had a hard time since I've already been there a lot of times.

Traveling alone actually helped me a lot. It helped me not to think of him that much since I was really having fun. It gave me a time to pamper myself, that I wasn't able to do after I was broken. I literally forgot about myself, I was lost after what happened, and by my vacation, I was able to find myself and now I'm back.

"Then that's great baby!" my mom exclaimed. "Here, eat more." she said and placed more food on my plate that I gladly ate.

I looked at my dad. "I almost forgot, I would have to thank you, dad. For taking over the company while I was away. And I'm sorry too if I've been kind of a mess lately." I said sincerely.

My dad tapped my shoulder. "Its fine son. You're still young so of course you'll experience several things that can distract you from work. And besides, I actually enjoyed my one week of being CEO again since I missed going to work." he answered.

"I promise I'll do better from now on." I swore, even bowing my head a little.

"You don't have to promise me son 'cause you're already doing very well despite your young age." he said happily which made me smile.

After we ate, I excused myself and went straight up to my room to rest since I'm still experiencing a bit of a jet lag. I was a bit tired from my whole vacation but overall, I'm happy that I got to have a time to relax and not think about anything but myself.

I lied down my bed and grabbed my phone to scroll through my social media accounts that I haven't opened since I went to Japan. I purposely didn't open it just to deactivate myself from the world. People also didn't know that I went there for a week since I didn't see any reason for me to tell others. The only ones who know are my parents and Joss.

I instantly smiled when I thought of Joss. He has been a very good friend to me. He literally encompasses the 'knight in shining armor' aura that I was telling him. He was always beside me every time I needed him, literally being just a call away. And I can't stress enough how thankful I am to have him in my life.