12th: Smile

Mark's POV

"Omg! My baby looks so handsome!" my mom exclaimed as soon as I went out my room.

Today's my date with Joss and my mom purposely went here at my condo to check on me. She said that I needed to look my best tonight. It seems like she really wants me to date Joss for real.

I went to the mirror and fixed my hair. I was wearing a white dress shirt complimented with black jeans and white shoes. My mom even insisted that I should wear more formal clothes but I rejected the idea.

"Wait baby. One final touch." she said. She came closer and fixed my collar while smiling. "Are you sure you don't want a more formal clothing?" she asked again.

"Mom. Its not like I'm going to prom." I retorted. Besides, what I'm wearing is already decent enough. I'm tired of wearing coats and slacks since I always wear it for work.

"Okay okay. You look perfect baby." she said as she was scanning me. "Go now, 'cause you might be late. The driver's already waiting for you downstairs." she said.

I nodded, and with one last look in the mirror, I went down the parking lot. I quickly saw my driver and rode the car as he opened the door. It didn't take long until we reached the restaurant.

I entered the restaurant and was greeted by the staff. Our mothers, Joss and I, purposely rented the whole place for us tonight. The waitress led me outside the restaurant and I was left in awe with how beautiful they have decorated the place.

The gazebo was surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers. There were also curtains placed on the posts with pergola lights hung all throughout the whole gazebo. Some people were also playing the piano and violin at the side. I instantly smiled. I felt like I was in a Twilight book.

The table is set on the middle of the gazebo where Joss was already sitting there, waiting for me. He turned and saw me approaching him and he smiled. "Hey." I shyly said.

Although I'm friends with Joss and we constantly talk, I still feel shy knowing that I have a date with him. I would be lying if I say that he's not handsome because he really is. I can say that he also has a good body because of all he's post in social media.

"Hey, I'm glad you came." he said and reached out to give me a bouquet of flowers. It was a combination of purple lilacs and red tulips.

"Thank you." I said and smiled. We both sat in our places and the food was then served afterwards.

"I'm sorry if you were forced to have a date with me." he apologized.

I gave him a genuine smile. "I wasn't forced weirdo. Besides, I'm happy that you get to be my date and not someone else." I sincerely said.

Its true. It would be all awkward if I had another date other than Joss. One reason why I disagreed with my mom's plan at first is because I didn't know who I'll have a date with, but since I already met Joss, it became fine with me. Joss is a very decent guy.

"I'm also glad I got to have a date with you. I was actually relieved when my mom said that you'll be my date." he said.

"Its funny how I met my blind date even before the real date began." I said while laughing.

He looked at me, surprised. "You mean to say, you already knew that I was your date when we met the last time? Why didn't you tell me?" he exclaimed and pouted.

"I just wanted to see what you really are as a person. And I still thank you for cheering me up last time." I explained.

"You're welcome. And as I told you before too, I'm always willing to help when you're feeling down." he sincerely said.