Chapter 1 (rewritten)

Marcus, Kol, Blake, and Cameron had been best friends since the age of 6. They were inseparable and nothing came between them. They were like brothers, but Kol also had a sister, Maddi. Maddi grew up around the rest of the boys but she had her own best friend's. Whenever Maddi saw the boys they would all make fun of each other but Marcus especially. Maddi was closer to Marcus than the rest of the boys but as they both grew up, they started having their own lives and becoming distant. 

On a regular Friday night, Kol had his friends over just to hang out with them. They were all in the living room when Maddi walked in. 

Maddi- "I'm ordering a pizza, do you want some?" Maddi asked Kol without looking up from her phone. She was wearing grey sweats with a hoodie and she had her hair up in a messy bun. 

Kol- "Yeah." He said blankly going back to his conversation. 

Marcus- "You look like sh*t." Maddi rolled her eyes as she looked up from her phone.

Maddi- "You're one to talk aren't you?" Marcus scoffed. 

Blake- "Oh grow up. You two are grown adults. Stop bickering." 

Maddi- "I am only 20. I can't even legally drink. Marcus should stop." 

Kol- "How about both of you stop." He said annoyed while Maddi rolled her eyes and flipped off Marcus before walking out. 

~later on that week~ 

Marcus had a gun to a mans head while he begged for his life. He didn't pay his debt and Marcus was growing impatient. Marcus was born into the world of mafia and had been killing for years. He became Don when he turned 18 and he's been ruling the strongest mafia for 4 years now. 

Being in that position for so long, Marcus started to lose himself. He started to become someone he barely recognized. He did still care for people but he refused to admit it. He knew that in the mafia, love is only a weakness. And If someone finds out your weakness, they will only use it against you. This is why he was always on guard. Never showing anyone any vulnerability. 

Guy- "NO PLEASE!"

Marcus - "No one can hear you now, scream all you want." Little did he know, the mans screams would indeed be heard by someone else. Someone he could not kill and destroy the evidence. 

Marcus wore a black ski mask that covered his entire face besides his eyes. His eyes were dark, almost brown and filled with anger. 

MADDI'S POV-

I was just walking down the alley but then I heard something.

Stranger- "NO PLEASE!"

Random guy- "No one can hear you now, scream all you want." 

The noise was sudden and scared me. I tried to walk away and not get involved in someone else's troubles but suddenly I heard a gun shot. My heart dropped and I tried to run but I was frozen. I slowly backed up and tried not to make a noise but of course my luck, I stepped on a tree branch. All eyes turned to me and I turned white as I saw the mans dead body on the ground. There were 3 men with guns surrounding the man in the middle. He wore a black ski mask but didn't look at me. I tried to run but I could hear foot steps following me.