Chapter Fourteen

Jacobs POV

After getting dressed and getting an hour's lecture about safety from my mom,Edward and I finally went out on a walk that I desperately need at the moment to think well.

"This place smells nice" Edward says

"Yeah and it looks pretty too" I answer with a smile but I'm sure it didn't reach my eyes.

Edward walked ahead of me and sat on a bench, he turned to me and tapped the space beside him. I smiled and sat beside him while looking around the empty park.

The sun is setting and the sky looks beautiful. Glowing an orange and yellow color. The combination of both colors is just amazing.

I turn to face Edward and he is just staring at me seeming to be lost in thought but he has a look of pure adoration and love in his eyes.

"Edd" I call his name
"Jake" he answers

"Are you okay" I ask
"I should be asking you that" he says

"Why" I ask curiously. I mean he is the one that's lost in thought

"I want to tell you something and I'm not really sure what your reaction will be" he answers

I feel my heart skip a beat and my mind starts racing with different possibilities of what he is about to say but I just nod as a go ahead for him to speak.

"I want you to know that I'll never hurt you and that I care about you, what I'm about to tell you is important but it doesn't change anything.
It doesn't change how I feel about you and I don't want it to change how you feel about me. Okay?" I just nodded my head in understanding.

My mind is seriously coming up with different scenarios and I'm trying to clear my head and understand what edward is trying to say.

I don't know how but I can feel that he is really nervous and also scared? I don't know why he is scared though nothing will change the way I feel about him.

Hmm the way I feel about him, what do I feel towards Him?

I feel safe and cared for when he is around me and there's this weird feeling of being whole when I'm in his presence and the Sparks that flow through my body when we touch.

But what do I feel for him? Feeling are so confusing. I lean forward and pull him into a hug.

His body became stiff but he loosened up after a few seconds.

"You don't have to feel scared or nervous around me. I promise not to let what ever you are going to tell me change how I see you" I say with a smile and pull away from the hug.

He stared at me with a smile.

"I'm uhm....I'm...a v-v-vam-pire" He stuttered. I looked at him in disbelieve and jumped up from the bench.

"What?!" I shout. I know I though about that and other weird stuff about an hour ago but I was stressed out and scared at that time so my imagination was all over the place but hearing him say that kind of confuses and scares me.

"I'm a vampire Jake" he stared right into my eyes as he said that and deep down I feel he is saying the truth but I refuse to believe it, he can't be a vampire, he is human just like me.

"If you're trying to be funny then stop it" I said and sat down beside him but I refused to look at him. Something serious happened and he was trying to make a joke out of it.

"I'm not joking and I know how serious what happened was. I could have lost you to that thing"
He replied emphasizing on the word thing.

"I'm seriously lost right now. How are you a vampire? That's not even possible Edd. Vampires only exist in fairy tales and movies" I turned around now facing him.

"I know that this is too much for you but I had to tell you especially after what transpired at your house, vampires are real and I'm sure you saw the eyes and fangs of the person that attacked you" Edward says

I feel a dull pain in my head and brough my hand up to slowly massage the place but Edwards hand reached there before mine.

Immediately his cold hand made contact with my skin a tingling sensation spread throughout my body and a moan nearly slipped past my lips.

"Feeling better?" He asked in a worried voice.

"Yeah. I want to go home" I said and a look of hurt flashed through his eyes.

"I'm not trying to run from you Edd, I just need time to process this before you tell me more tomorrow" I immediately said and a warm smile took over his face which also made me smile.

"Let's go then"

(Time skip)

We finally reached home and just as we opened the door my moms laughter accompanied by a gruff voice welcomed us.

I felt a sudden tingling in my heart and ran into the house Edward following close behind.

I came to the kitchen' entry and the scene that greeted me made me halt in my steps.

I felt anger build up in me as I studied the scene before me.

Right there in the kitchen was my mom sipping wine and talking to my dad. No to that man and laughing as though nothing happened and everything was normal like all those years ago.

He felt his hands shake in anger and he made to take a step but a hand being placed on his shoulder halted his movement.

He felt cold and warmth seep into him. Slowly calming him down.

He turned around and stared into Edwards eyes.

Edward smiled at him and took his hand into his giving him a small squeeze as if to say everything was fine.

He took a deep breath and turned back around. Finally entering the kitchen.

"What's going on here?" He asked in a calm voice.

"Sweetie you're back! I thought you will take longer" his mom said sounding surprised and a little off.

"Why? So you can spend more time with him?" He angrily replied

"Jacob calm down" Edward whispered behind him.

"I don't want to! I want to know exactly what is going on here. Why is he here? And why are you acting as thought it is okay for him to just drop by" Jacob asked in a slightly raised voice

         🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Hey guy!

I'm finally back with an update.

I'm so sorry for making you wait so long. I've been going through a major writers block.

Thanks to my new readers and my day one readers. I love and appreciate you all.

Thank you.

Please vote and comment