Chapter Eight

Jacob's POV

After Edward dropped me off, I walked up to the door and realized it was locked. 

I guess my mom isn't home yet, lucky me... 

I removed the key from my pocket and unlocked the door before heading directly to my room.I entered my closet and changed into pajamas. Walking out feeling refreshed, I searched my table to find a math notebook. 

I just realized I had assignments to do.

When I found my notebook, I began doing the exercises. Thirty minutes later, I heard the front door open and the clicking of heels.

"Honey I'm home!!" I heard my mom yell.

I ran downstairs and hugged my mom. 

"How is my baby doing today?" she asked, pinching my cheeks.

"I'm fine, mom. I should be the one asking you that. You look terrible, did you even sleep last night?" I asked worriedly.

"No I stayed up the whole night reading contract files, scheduling meetings and going through records, I'm exhausted," my mom sighed.

"Why do you always do this to yourself, mom?" I shook my head.  "Just go freshen up while I prepare something for you to eat." 

"No need for that, baby. I ate on my way back," she said, smiling at me.

"Okay go and rest then," I said.

She smile and ruffles my hair to which I pouted. "Mom I'm not a child."

"I know, but you are still my baby," she ruffled my hair again. 

I hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. "Off you go."

We both climbed up the stairs back to our rooms.

(Time Skip)

After lunch, I had a craving for something sweet, so I opened the fridge and started scanning for what I liked. I saw six korzinki with cream in a container and removed it from the fridge. I placed the container on the counter and took out a bottle of apple juice.

I was in my room enjoying the delicious treats when I heard the sound of the doorbell but didn't bother. 

Mom will get the door because there's no way I'm leaving my delicious snacks to open the door, I thought

I was still munching on my korzinki happily when someone opened my bedroom door and the next thing i heard was........

"Jacob black you are here happily eating after leaving your drunk friend at the club."

"Shit........ Hi Zee," I gulped, turning around to see my angry friend.

"Hi my foot! After dumping me and ignoring my calls, you are sitting there saying hi like nothing happened," she stormed.

"Welllllll..... N.... Nothing happened....." I trailed off. "I... I mean I'm sorry I left you alone Zee, but something major occurred."

"Did you finally lose your v card?" she squealed loudly. "I'm so happy for you, baby."

"I nearly did, Zee," I sighed.

"Really!" she jumped on my bed and grabbed my hands. "I'm all ears. Now spill."

I told her everything that happened at the club and about Edward.

"Oh my gosh..." she started sniffling. "I'm such a bad friend. First I drag you to a club against your will and then something like that happened to you... I wasn't even there to help you... I'm so useless Jake..."

By now, she was full out crying.

"Shh..... Shhhhhh," I hugged her and started rubbing circles on her back to soothe her. "Don't cry Zee it wasn't your fault...and you are not useless. You are my best friend!"

She smiled up at me; I used my thumbs to wipe away her tears.

"Now you look as beautiful as a princess," I smiled back at her.

"I always look like a princess, Jake. Now tell me about this Edward guy. How does he look?" she sniffed.

"Zee, it doesn't matter what he looks like. All that matters is that he saved me," I said.

"But I wanna know..." she pouted. 

"Okay...he is tall..." I get interrupted by my phone ringing and bend over to grab my phone.

Who is calling me? I never get calls from anyone but Zee and Mom and they are both here... who could it be?

I picked the phone and answered the call.

J:Hello?

A:Hi Jake. It's Alice.
J:Hi Pixie...... missing me already?
A: Not me, but Edward misses you.
J:Oh.
A:I was wondering if you wanna hangout out with me, Edward and Jasper sometime?
J:i would love to, Alice, but my friend Zee is here, and we have plans.

Alice was about to respond when Zee snatched the phone from my hand and began speaking to Alice. I leaned in to listen.

A: But you can bring her along.
Z: Really? We'll be there.
A: You must be Zelia...... I'll come pick you up by four....
Z: Great
A: By the way, you have a beautiful voice.
Z: Thank you. Bye!

          🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE