Chapter Eleven

JACOB'S POV

I woke up this morning, feeling at peace and well rested. I stretched my hands till I hear a satisfying pop and glanced at my digital clock on my table beside my bed which read: 6:45AM.

I maneuvered myself to the bathroom, and when I'm done with my morning routine, I head to the kitchen. A sweet scent fills the air when I walk inside.

I see my mom setting the table and humming a tune; she looked beautiful and was fully dressed for work. I walked up to her and hugged her from behind; I'm immediately engulfed in warmth.

"Good morning," I kissed her on the cheek and released her from the hug. 

She turned around and kissed me on the forehead

"Morning baby... How was your night?" she said smiling.

"It was the best night ever," I said, sitting at the head of the dinning table.

"And why is that baby?"

"It's just that last night, there was this comforting presence around me...I don't know if I imagined it but..... I felt safe and complete?"

"Okay...now eat," she placed a glass of orange juice and a plate of omelettes, bacon and  scrambled eggs in front of me.
.
.
.
.
.
I was in my room, watching a movie when I felt a presence watching me but unlike the feeling of serenity I felt last night, this one made me tremble in fear.

I didn't know if I was imagining things, but I feel so vulnerable and helpless with this presence watching me.

I wanted to call my mom, but I remembered her saying something about a meeting, and I didn't want to be a burden when I wasn't even sure about what I was feeling. Maybe I was just paranoid.

I took my phone out and dialed Zelia's number, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Where are you when I need you Zee," I sighed.

Call Edward he will keep you safe.

"Where did that come from,"I said out loud.

Just then, I heard loud footsteps downstairs.
.
.
.       

EDWARD'S POV

I'm in this hellhole humans call "school" while the teacher kept on blabbing nonstop. I really felt like knocking him out.

Being a vampire and not aging has its disadvantages, and one of them was attending high school and college and graduating over fifty times because whenever we move to another country to avoid people from noticing the fact that we don't age, we have to enroll in a new high school as seniors. Then we would have to graduate and go to college, and it's the same thing whenever we move again.

It's actually annoying, listening to the same lectures all the time when you have a photographic memory, willingly passing exams with average score when you know all the answers is just stupid. I also hate being stuck with a bunch of teenagers and listening to their dirty thoughts about you is just the worst punishment ever.

I turned to jasper and was about to speak to him when I felt a strike of panic and fear. I concentrated on what I was feeling and realized the other half of my soul was feeling that feeling which meant...

"Jacob..." I said out loud. Everyone in the class turned to look at me, but I didn't care. I stood up and ran out of the class, ignoring the teacher's comments and threats to give me detention.

I looked around the school hallway; it was completely empty so I speeded towards Jacob's house.I walked up to the door and was about to knock when I realized it was open.

I silently walked into the house when I heard my mate's soft voice and stopped.

"What are you doing here?... What do you want from me?" I heard his ask.

"Your life,"answered a gruff voice.

I ran to his room and saw a muscular guy around six foot tall with blazing red eyes staring at my mate who was curled up on the floor beside his bed.

Wait...red eyes? That meant he was a vampire! I tried to run to my mate but he was faster.

He grabbed Jacob's neck and was squeezing the life out of him before I ripped off his other hand. The man screamed but refused to loosen his hold on my mate who was trying to pry the man's hands away from his neck. Jacob was choking and crying with tears streaming down his face.

I couldn't bear see my mate like that so I went for the man's neck. Before I could touch him though, the man kicked me, and I hit the wall at the opposite side of the bed. I then super-speed towards him and punched him in the face causing him to drop Jacob.

I broke his leg, and while he was screaming in pure agony, I twisted his neck. I dropped his lifeless body on the ground. I ran to Jacob and hugged him while murmuring comforting words to him when suddenly he shouted, "No!"
But before I could react, I felt something stabbed me from behind me. My hold on Jacob loosened, and I fell down.

Jacob started screaming and crying when the vampire ripped him from me.

"Baby, run!" I screamed at Jacob, looking into his eyes when I noticed that they were glowing a bright blue color.

Before I know what is happening, a bright blue light covered my mate from head to toe.

He looked enchanting; I stared at him in awe at his now bright blue eyes. He was floating and the vampire that was about to kill him began shouting in agony. I looked at the vampire and saw his body burned to ashes.

Jacob looked directly into my eyes, and his bright blue eyes returned to their original color while the light around him disappeared.

That was when he fainted.
.
.
.
.
Hi guys
How is it?
Comment and let me know what you think.
Please vote