Chapter Thirteen

Edward's pov

Few minutes after Jacob's little power show he fell asleep. I guess using so much power is draining him and now I need answers so I head to the kitchen to meet Mrs black.

"Mrs black will you please explain to me what happened upstairs" I asked the petite woman that is busy bringing out various ingredients from the cupboard and fridge in the kitchen.

"I could ask you the same thing Edward and stop trying to read my mind" she said while giving me a side glance.

"How are you doing it" I asked suddenly feeling curious.

Till today nobody could completely block me out of their minds,the best anyone has done so far is to think of something else,so how is this woman doing it.

"Doing what exactly" she answered faking innocence

"Shutting me out of your mind" I answered

"Is that what you truly care about at this moment?" She started washing some fruits in the sink.

"No. that is the least of my worries what I want to know is exactly what is wrong or happening to my mate"

"Isn't it obvious Edward he is transforming" she simply stated

"I can see that mrs.black but what is he transforming into and how" I asked slightly raising my voice

"Well you see Edward your mate is not exactly human.....my son is a hybrid" immediately the words left her mouth I'm left speechless

"H... hybrid?" I asked my voice shaking a little bit.

"Yes Jacob is a pheonix and vampire hybrid"

"Pheonix so they still exist? I thought they all died about a thousand years ago?"

"Not all but the pheonix are very rare in this age and time almost extinct"

"Okay.....so Jacob is a pheonix"

"Yes but before we go into details I want you to tell me all that you know about the phoenix"

"I don't know much just abit from books I read and some stories Sam told me" she nodded her head

"Basically all I know is that the pheonix is a mystic bird that has the ability to burn down to ashes and start a new life cycle but the pheonix shifters are also believed to have the ability to burn down things and perform simple spells, the pheonix grows to their full potential at the age of fifteen and can live for a thousand or more years. The pheonix are very rare creatures even in the past and they like to stay hidden so they usually mask their scent and....that all I know"

"Nice you stated all the facts but there's more. Each and every Pheonix has a special ability and the Pheonix don't have mates"

"What?" I shouted

"Pheonix don't have mates" she repeated
"But Jacob is my mate"

"Yes he is your mate and that is only possible because of his dad"

"What does his dad have to do with him being my mate?"

"His dad is a vampire so Jacob is not just a pheonix but also a vampire. A hybrid but judging by what I just witnessed upstairs I believe that he is more pheonix than vampire."

"His pheonix side is stronger than his vampire side so how come he didn't transform earlier? Why now?" I asked

"He is a hybrid Edward so he doesn't bloom like any other pheonix or vampire."

"You said he is a vampire and pheonix hybrid but he doesn't seem to crave blood why is that?

"He doesn't crave blood as much as other vampires but I do mix blood in his food,he only needs a cup of blood to suffice for the whole week" she explained

I nodded "Is he fully transformed yet" I ask out of curiosity

"Not until the night of the full moon, that's when he will transform to his true self"

"The full moon is in two weeks"

"Why did a vampire come to my house and why did he try to kill my son?" Mrs black asked sounding serious. She places her hands on the counter and looks directly into my eyes.

"I don't know for sure but I have an idea" I sincerely answered

"I can't say for sure Mrs black but If it's what I'm thinking then it has to do with him being my mate"

"Let me get this straight...my son was attacked because he is your mate?" She asks more like shouted.
Her eyes flash orange for a few seconds

"Uhm yeah" I nervously answer
"Why" she folds her hands across her chest staring me straight in the eyes.

"Well you see there's this......
"Mom"I heard Jacob shout.

I ran upstairs to him and see him stretched out on his bed.

"Hey" I smiled. He motioned with his hands for me to come forward. I walked up to him and sat beside him and he pulled me into a hug.

He nuzzles his face on my neck and purrs like a cat? Causing his chest to vibrate. He smells sweeter now, I draw a deep breath and pull away from the hug.

"You feeling better now?" I ask
"More than okay....I want to go for a walk" he shouted

"I don't think that's a good idea"

"Why not?" He whined
"Cause you are not feeling fine Jay I mean you fainted" I tried to reason. But his good mood immediately dampers.

I want to clear my head my head and a walk outside is just perfect. I also want to use that medium to find out more about what happened in my house today and I'm sure Edward has all the answers i need. I can feel it, wait is he even human? I don't think he is he too fast and his reflexes are just too perfect, he also looks perfect and his eyes are so different a color I have never seen on anyone before... except Alice and Jasper, his eyes held a predatory look when that vampire was attacking me, could he also be one? But vampires have red eyes that's what I have read in all the fantasy novels I own and that the eye color of the vampire that attacked me.

Could he be a werewolf? Or even an elf? Wait the most important question is why am I not afraid of him? Why do I feel safe with him around? Am I that crazy that I'm thinking he is not human? Maybe the reason he is so fast on his feets is because he is a very good atlethe and his eyes maybe he is just wearing contacts.

But why will his brother and sister also use the same color if it's contacts? This is all crazy  He thought

He has a very wild imagination

"Tell you what"
"What" he murmurs

"We're going for a walk now"he looks up and the corners of his mouth twitches before a blinding smile grace his angelic face.

"Thanks Eddie let me go get dressed" he walks into his closet

"Do you think that's a good idea?" I look up and see mrs.black leaning on the door.

"No but he really needs it to clear his mind"

"Okay but if he comes back with a single scratch I will personally kill you" she threatened

"I will die before I let someone hurt him"

"Better...are you going to tell him about you?"

"Yes, he saw me in action and has started coming up with theories in his mind, so it's better I tell him myself before he finds out"

"Okay...I think that's a good idea but don't tell him who he is, I want to tell him that myself"

"I didn't plan to" I smile

          🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Thanks for Reading