Chapter Twelve

Previously

Jacob looked directly into my eyes and his bright blue eyes returned to their original color while the light around him disappeared.

That's when he fainted.

Edward's pov

"Jacob" I shouted feeling panicked. I tried to stand up but fell down,I felt immense pain coming from my back and that's when i remember that a stake is impaled in my back.

I stretched my hand backwards and remove the stake causing me to scream in pain.

I feel my wounds stitching up and healing so i stand up and start walking to my mate.

I kneel beside him and place his head on my lap, i place my hand on his forehead.

His temperature is normal and his heartbeat is also normal which means he will wake up in just a few minutes.

I think he fainted cause he used too much of his powers.

And that leaves me thinking,how come he has powers? He doesn't smell like any mystical creature, he smells and looks human but what i just witnessed is definitely not what a human can do.

"What are you Jake?" I asked not expecting an answer. I carried him bridal style and took him to his bed.

I turn to head to the kitchen and make him something to eat when i heard my mate coughing.

I run to the kitchen and came back to his side with a bottle of water.

I helped him up and held the water to his lips.

He drank half of the bottle and layed back on the bed.

"What are you doing here Edward?" He asked while giving me a cute smile

"Don't you remember what happened?" I asked while reading his thoughts

What happened? I don't remember anything......omg i remember now i was at in my room when I felt this disturbing presence around me,then some guy with red eyes and fangs appeared and tried to bite me till Edward showed up and they started fighting..wait how come Edward showed up at that exact time? And when he was fighting the guy he was moving so fast that it's not humanly possible and then he got stabbed and I don't remember anything after that.

Okay so he basically remembers everything but the time he transformed and burned the guy.

"Jacob....." He snapped out of his thoughts and turned to me.

"Do you remember what happened?"I asked again even though i already know the answer to that question.

His heart started beating rapidly and his thoughts start getting jumbled up.

"Jake....look at me"he looks into my eyes and his heart rate gradually goes back to normal.
"You are okay jake......you are fine"

"Who was that guy? No not who...what was that guy"he asked looking distressed.

I hate seeing him like this and knowing it's all my fault just makes me feel worst.

"He is a....a..."

"Baby......baby where are you" a woman shouted.I can hear her footsteps and it sounds like she is running up the stairs.

Few seconds later a petite and beautiful woman appeared in his room she looks panicked,and on closer inspection she looks like Jacob so I'm guessing she's his mom.

"Mom" he shouted.

I stand up from the bed to give her space.

She ran to him and enveloped him in a hug.
I took a deep breath and my senses are enveloped by the sweet scent of strawberry and vanilla but there is another scent I can't quite identify.

I try reading her mind but I can't, it's like there is a wall that is keeping me out.

I try to neutralize it and but i couldn't. I looked at her.

And she just smirked while giving me a knowing look.

Okay this proves that she knows what she is doing and she knows exactly what happened.

She pulled away from Jacob and looked around the now scattered room.

Her eyes linger on the ashes and turns to me.

We need to talk vampire she thought

I just nodded.

"Mom I'm so happy you are here, someone broke in here and tried to kill me....." He suddenly screamed.

I ran to him and immediately my hand made contact with his skin he moaned. I felt Sparks and a strong tingling sensation all over my body. His scent has become more potent and sweeter clouding my senses.

I get the strong urge to touch and feel more of him and that's what I did.

I pulled him into my lap and start running my nose up and down the crook of his neck taking in his intoxicating scent and pheromones he is giving off.

So hot.....need to cool down he thought

I start placing light butterfly kisses on his neck.

"M..more" he moaned
And that's when I came to my senses and stopped.

"Edward.........I..I..touch me" he pleaded.

I place my hands on his cheeks and he closed his eyes when he opened them they were a bright purple colour instead of blue.

His aura changed from sweet and innocent to strong and fearless.

He is giving off such powerful pheromones that I had to remove him from my lap and kneel before him.

I turn to look at his mother and she is just watching the whole display with a smile on her face.

"What is happening?" I asked.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Thanks for Reading!