Chapter 22

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one curious about Yellow, right? Well let's see what exactly happened to her...
______________________________________

        Red was oddly silent. Yes, he was technically always silent, but this time it was a strange silence. "Is she dead?" Gold bluntly asked. Silver shot him a glare, but he didn't seem to pay it any mind. In response to Gold's question, Red shook his head in denial. (Y/n) was probably easily able to tell what had happened just be sensing his emotions in the matter, but Silver was unable to do so. He could only rely on her for interpretation.

        (Y/n) seemed to realize that, so she started to explain whatever she could. "Yellow attacked him," she said in slight disbelief. Red nodded to confirm that this was true. Unfortunately, Silver had expected such. He doubted Red's pokémon would have allowed him to end up harmed like they had found him. He did suspect that Red's wounds could have resulted from the fall he rook, but he also had suspected Yellow.

        "They were fighting. Red didn't want to harm her. He didn't know Mewtwo was in control the whole time," (y/n) continued to explain as she interpreted whatever she picked up. Red seemed like he was speaking except no words were involved. It was an astonishing thing to witness no matter how many times Silver had already seen it.

        "You're powers are telling you all of that?" Gold asked as he observed. "Yeah, but it's not easy to do. Red is used to this kind of thing, so it isn't too complicated this time around," (y/n) explained. Silver understood that part well. He and (y/n) communicated without words quite a lot. "Yellow left the mountain already. She's probably headed to Green now. According to Red, she had attacked him with her pokémon to buy time for her escape," (y/n) further explained.

        "But the blizzards. Wouldn't she have been caught up in that?" Silver asked. Yellow herself had warned them about the dangers of blizzards. Even if she hadn't been herself, Silver was sure that her words were true. "I'm sure Mewtwo wouldn't do anything to get Yellow killed. Apparently he likes using people. Whoever Yellow is, she must be important if Mewtwo was willing to risk her going back alone," Gold spoke. He was looking at Crystal when he mentioned this.

        "So Yellow is at least alive. That's all we know. Then there's the information N gave me," (y/n) said. Silver was somewhat curious about that set of info. "Mewtwo is actually storing the conciousness of the ones he takes control over. Then he goes through their memories and impersonates them. In Blue and N's case, I think he was purposely exploiting any negative thoughts or feelings. N told me that he sort of did the same thing with Green," she explained.

        "So Green isn't really doing all of this?" Silver asked. His hope shattered when he saw the look in (y/n)'s eyes. "Unfortunately, she is, but Mewtwo is playing a part of it. N told me that he's somehow fueling her underlying emotions so that she'll act on them. He also said something about Mewtwo listening to her orders because he's her pokémon," (y/n) explained.

        "Green caught Mewtwo?!" Gold exclaimed. Red immediately shook his head and began to point at himself. "You caught Mewtwo and gave him to Green," (y/n) interpreted. Red nodded in confirmation. Silver wasn't sure how to feel about that. He didn't think Red was really at fault, but if Red had not given Mewtwo to Green, none of them would be in this specific situation.

        "So Mewtwo belongs to Green and is doing her biding while manipulating her. That's...scary," Gold spoke. A realization struck Silver when Gold reiterated these supposed facts. "That can't be right. (Y/n)'s power only works on wild pokémon. She was able to tell Mewtwo what to do back when we were at that mountain. It only lasted for a short time, but I know for sure that captured pokémon are unaffected by (y/n)'s ability," Silver noted.

        "So what are you saying? Green really isn't behind all of this? Did N lie?" Gold questioned. "No. I don't think N lied. He probably just didn't know all of this. He wasn't there at Mt. Moon, so he wouldn't have known," (y/n) reasoned in her brother's defense. "Green released Mewtwo," Silver realized.

        "How do you know that? And why would Mewtwo of all pokémon come back after being set free?" Gold said. He was certainly asking a lot of questions, but he was right. "Because Mewtwo and Green probably get along. This might not be true, but what if Mewtwo respects Green enough to acknowledge her as his trainer regardless of being confined to a pokéball?" (y/n) suggested. It wasn't too crazy of a theory.

        "That could explain why Mewtwo was able to go back to Johto so easily. Green let him go to get revenge on Team Rocket," Silver said. It made some sense if (y/n)'s theory was correct. "Mew thinks Mewtwo will try to keep Green safe. Should we go after Green to stop Mewtwo? Mew can keep Mewtwo busy so Silver can talk to Green," Mew stated. Red shook his immediately afterwards. "Why not? Sounds like a decent plan to me," Gold said. Silver waited for (y/n) to interpret what Red wanted to say.

        "Destruction. Mew and Mewtwo can't fight each other. Red nearly got himself killed trying to catch Mew. That could explain why they're so wary of each other," she explained. "That doesn't make sense. Red apparently caught Mewtwo. Are you saying that Mew is more powerful?" Gold pointed out. Silver waited for Red's response, but nothing was said from his translator. He didn't want to let them know for some reason.

        "There's no way to find out. If Red says it's dangerous for Mew and Mewtwo to fight, then we aren't going to let it happen. Besides, we still have Reshiram on our side," he reasoned. "Mew still wants to help," Mew interjected. "Yes, you'll still help. You can help me and Silver talk to Green while Red and Gold keep everyone else busy with Reshiram's help. That seems like the safest option," (y/n) said.

        "So that's out plan then? We just go up to Green's place and start battling? There's got to ne more to it than this," Gold muttered. "Got any better ideas. We've already been through too much. I think something simole and straugjt forward like this is way better than a complicated plan," (y/n) argued. Gold didn't say anything else.

        "So when do we leave? Mewtwo will probably be keeping tabs on us the whole time. Crystal won't stay knocked out forever. We can't just go back out there in this cold," Gold said. He made a good point. When should they leave? They couldn't go right then since they needed rest. They also needed to put together supplies which were scattered around Red's home. The snow would had already begun to heavily fall outside. They could only wait for the right time, but when would that be.

        "We leave in a few days. By then, we should be more than prepared for this. Everyone should get some rest," (y/n) announced. She looked to Red who was petting Pika. "Red, are you going to be okay with Mew being here?" she asked him. Red gave a nod although (y/n) didn't seem to buy it. Silver decided to stay out of it since he didn't want anything else on his mind. Things were finally starting to calm down even if just a little.
______________________________________

I can finally get on with things! I'm so glad this snow arc is done with. Until next time you excellent readers!