Chapter 14

Been a little too long since my last update but look, I got another chapter for you awesome readers!
______________________________________

        Morning arrived far quicker than (y/n) wanted it to. She had stayed awake far longer than she should have since she didn't want Silver to be awake with just his thoughts. He had been unable to sleep for a while even as he kept warm near Reshiram. She worried for him. His emotional state was currently the worst it had ever been since she met him. His father's death had a bad effect on him but what Green had told him had broken something within him that (y/n) desperately wanted to fix. She wanted her Silver back.

        He wasn't usually this heartbroken and it hurt her to see him like he was especially without knowing how to fix him. Humans had their limits and Silver had met his. She had to become his strength just as he had asked her to. "It's so...cold," Yellow could be heard saying from just a couple feet ahead of them. They'd already began their climb up Mt. Silver with Red leading them but the snow had already picked up significantly and they had no protection against it other than what they already wore.

        Reshiram was back in the pokéball that Yellow had somehow gotten the legendary to go into so they couldn't rely on Reshiram for a heat source. (Y/n) was dead last but she held on tightly to Silver's hand not daring to let him go. Silver had asked that they stay together so they could avoid gtting lost if the two of them were ever separated. With separation no longer being a problem, the four of them focused on the biting cold that made things significantly harder. Red seemed mostly unaffected by the cold which made sense considering he was likely already used to it.

        Regardless, even he slightly shivered as he led them to the top along the quickest path he knew. "There are probably warm blankets and a fire waiting for us. We just have to get to them," Silver muttered more to encourage himself than anyone else. It was the third time he'd said those exact words as they'd traveled for what seemed like a few hours. (Y/n) had no ides how much time had actually passed but either way, she knew they'd been walking for quite some time.

        "There should be a cave around somewhere nearby right?" Yellow questioned Red. It was amazing that she hadn't been under Mewtwo's control since Red had taken her. (Y/n) had reason to believe that Red had something to do with it. "Will we be able to rest in that cave?" (y/n) asked. Red gave them all a thumbs up answering both questions at once. They almost sighed in relief at the news. For a little bit longer they endured the snow and sure enough, Red led them right into a cave area where they didn't hesitate to all sit in a corner.

        Once the four of them were huddled in that corner, Red released his Charizard much to everyone's further relief. Of course, Pika was nowhere to be found though with Red having to return the Pikachu to his pokéball for safety reasons. "We don't have much longer to walk. I've been up this mountain before but I had no idea this shortcut existed until after Red showed me," Yellow said as she rubbed her hands together for heat.

        "Do you visit Red up here often?"(y/n) asled out of curiousity. She was a little curious about Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow's friendship and past. It seemed that something had happened between them all that caused a rift in their interactions with one another. If learning about each one of them could help (y/n) put the pieces together, then she didn't mind doing that. "I try to come up here as often as I can. Red gets sad being up there by himself all the time," Yellow admitted. Red who was silently sitting next to Yellow didn't take any action to deny her words but (y/n) could tell that there was more to the story than Yellow was telling.

        "This place is way to cold to be staying up here," Silver muttered. He was at the end of their huddle group and used Charizard's tail flame to warm up his hands. His face was flushed from allowing himself to indulge in the heat and (y/n)'s attention which she knew he had a soft sport for. She was comfortably leaning against his shoulder and held on to one of his arms. They were mostly still cold but with all four of them sharing heat with Charizard to help, they began to gradually warm up.

        "How long are we staying in here? We'll need to get to get to your place before nightfall," Yellow inquired. Red looked over to (y/n) and Silver and waited for their response. (Y/n) could sense his worry but she was pretty sure she and Silver could make it to the top so long as they all stuck together. They had gotten this far after all. "We'll be okay. It's not much further from here right?" Silver said. (Y/n) simply nodded in agreement which seemed to be enough for Red. He stood up and stretched a bit in preparation for the rest of their traveling.

        Once again, (y/n) took hold of Silver's hand so that they could keep each other from falling behind although (y/n) had no doubt that she'd be dead last again. With Charizard safely back in his pokéball, everyone left the cave and followed after Red through the snow. Lucky for them, they had avoided the blizzard areas and only had regular snow to worry about. Had they flown straight there with Reshiram, that wouldn't have been the case and (y/n) couldn't help but think of the worst cases in a scenario such as that one.

        It wasn't long before they'd covered a good distance but that was also when Red suddenly stopped and held up a hand for them to do the same. There didn't seem to be anyone there since Red wasn't reaching for a pokéball but that also meant that a problem far worse had arisen. Very slowly Red turned around and motioned for them to turn back but that wasn't what scared (y/n). What scared her was the fear he did so well hiding.

        Red hadn't even been afraid of Mewtwo so whatever had struck such an emotion within him was definitely a major threat. Yellow was the first to follow his instructions but when she quickly stepped back, Red reached forward and caught hold of her shoulders to stop her. No one needed a gesture to tell them to look down. They were on ice that was cracking very slowly. Perhaps Red had never noticed such a detail when he was traveling on this path for the snow had likely hidden it from him.

        The snow was there now as well but the footprints the four of them had made revealed the cracking ice. Making matters worse, the ground itself seemed to quake causing more cracks in the ice to appear. "This can't be happening. There's no way," (y/n) thought as panic spread through her. She kept a firm hold of Silver's hand and the four of them began to slowly back off of the ice even as it continued to crack. Nothing could have prepared them for what happened next. The quaking had increased too much by then and they had been too late to realize what the cause of it was.

        A large mound of snow slipped from above them and landed right between Silver and Yellow spliting the ice in half with a crack to dangerous to cross. In fact, it was spreading rather quickly and none of them knew where the ice ended or began. More snow dropped in heaps now and there was no escaping what they all knew to be an avalanche. Just before they could be hit by it, Yellow dropped right through the ice slipping from Red's grasp before he also fell through the ice. Silver would have been next if (y/n) hadn't pulled him back.

        She had made it to solid ground without realizing it but that didn't help their situation even in the slightest. There was a large amoung of snow heading down to hurry them and nothing could save them from it. Silver pulled her down to where he crouched against the mountain wall leaving the rest of the wide path clear as heaps of snow turned into thick layers of it. That was all she saw until black replaced the overwhelming white.
______________________________________

Looks like I have another chapter to do. Until next time you fantastic readers!