Chapter 16

Back again with another update. I'm not sick anymore and I o longer have writter's block so I'm back in action!
______________________________________

         (Y/n) had never seen Gold cry and she had never seen Crystal give up all hope instead of pushing the blame onto someone else. The two of them had been facing everything by themselves in a region they were unfamiliar with without having someone to guide them. They'd done well to have made it so far on their own. Now, the four of them were together and had a plan that was probably the stupidest plan they could have come up with but it was their last shot.

        They had enough supplies for them to last a couple more days thanks to the extra that Silver and (y/n) had in their bags but after that, they'd be on their own. After a couple of hours of debating and uncomfortable waves of depressed feelings, they decided that this plan was their last chance and both Silver and (y/n) hoped that they could locate Red and Yellow in the process. Silver and (y/n) had only been out for a couple of hours so it was a little after noon when their plan was put into motion. That gave them more chances to find Red and Yellow and a better chance to find another shelter until they found Red's hideout if not finding him first.

         "Is that everything?" Gold called from Reshiram's back. Silver nodded and proceeded to join everyone else as they prepared to travel. Their plan was simple. Reshiram would fly them to the top of Mt. Silver and get them as close to Red's hideout as possible if it was even possible at all. The only real problem was that they would be flying in the dangerous blizzards that plagued the top region of the mountain, the very reason they had been walking to begin with.

          Yellow had warned them but they had no choice but to go against her warning if they wanted a slightly better chance at survival. "I don't like this idea at all. I know I agreed to it but I'm really not feeling very safe. (Y/n) could barely control a legendary pokémon last time and now this one, Reshiram, is caught already? I don't believe it. Something isn't right," Crystal complained. "I didn't catch Reshiram because I didn't have to. Reshiram was hurt and willing went into the pokéball that Yellow had once I left. I had nothing to do with it. I'm freeing Reshiram when this is all over," (y/n) growled.

         She was becoming annoyed by Crystal's sudden need for logic in a situation. "All the more reason for us not to be doing this..." Crystal muttered. If it hadn't been for Silver's pleading look to not cause any trouble which she knew included doing or saying anything else to Crystal, (y/n) would have made sure the girl stayed silent the rest of their trip. "We shiuld be fine so long as we don't run into a major blizzard right?" Gold stated as he joined the rest of them. No one said a word to agree or go against him which didn't help the situation. Without much to talk about, the four of them stayed silent and let Reshiram take flight.

          At first things were fine. The blizzards were constant and unpleasantly cold but they weren't as bad as Yellow had described them. Reshiram was able to avoid most of the stronger gusts of snow-packed wind as the went up the mountain. It was surely faster than walking but the fear they all secretly held in to was making it hard to think about such a fact. (Y/n) had her arm linked in Silver's and she often leaned against his shoulder for warmth whenever a particularly strong wind blew at them. Gold held onto Crystal who wasn't ashamed to hug him tightly and once again (y/n) could see the pain in his eyes.

          She knew he still cared for Crystal but he refused to let her kniw again and at time like this, it seemed to bother him. A cry from Reshiram alerted them all making their fear rise as they all thought the worst. With a sudden jolt, Reshiram shot downwards causing Crystal to slightly scream. (Y/n) put her free arm over her eyes to shield them from the overbearing snow as Reshiram dove to the ground slowing to a hover the closer they got to it. They were still a good distance away from the ground but it took Silver and (y/n) mere seconds to identify the reason Reshiram had suddenly pulled off such a stunt.

         "Red!" Silver called as Reshiram began to land near the Charizard that stood over someone laying in the snow. A Pikachu and an Espeon were doing their best to keep Red warm as they huddled against his unmoving figure. When Reshiram was just close enough to the ground, not even having landed yet, (y/n) and Silver jumped down not really taking the weather into consideration as they did so. (Y/n) was the first to spot it, the red coloring in the snow that led to where Red lay.

          He must have heard them for he lifted his head and revealed those dull red eyes of his that seemed to have lost all hope. A small spark of hope was seen in his eyes and his relief hit (y/n) like a flood. She could tell that he was certain he would die there. "He's hurt," Silver stated as they went to him. He must have realized that the blood trail in the snow led right to Red. (Y/n) released Tabunne from her pokéball so that she could help with Red's injuries. Red reached out to them as the dropped to their knees to help him up. When he was also on his knees, (y/n) was able to see just how badly he was hurt.

          The fall must have caused it since no other reason seemed obvious. Red pulled the two of them closer, hugging them tightly as though he were recovering a long lost pokémon. (Y/n) began to sense what seemed to be his trauma returning and he pulled them closer to him, nuzzling his head against theirs as he closed his eyes and allowed himself to shiver in their returned embrace. "Silver! (Y/n)! Is he okay?" Gold called as he ran towards them. Crystal remained with Reshiram doing her best to keep warm. "Red, we're going to get you home. Don't worry. I'm going to stop all of this soon," Silver said as he helped Red stay sitting up.

         Charizard had stood behind him with Pika and the Espeon expressing their worries to (y/n) as she got Tabunne to do her best to heal him in the conditions they were up under. A deep cut was visible near his thigh and a puncture wound was just below the left side of his heart. It wasn't deep enough to have hit anything too important but it was still fatal if left unattended. "Gold, bring some blankets here quick!" (y/n) ordered just as Gold got to them. He didn't hesitate to turn right back around likely having already realized the urgency of the situation.

        "Don't worry Red. We're going to get you somewhere safe, I promise," (y/n) said. This had gone to far. Their lives, all of their lives, we're in danger. (Y/n) could sense Silver's rising determination and they met gazes just briefly but that was enough time for thwm both to notice the decision they'd made. They were going to confront Green together and put an end to this so that no one else got hurt while trying to help them. Mewtwo was going to be stopped and they would figure out how to stop Green once and for all.
______________________________________

I've got chapters to write so until next time you cool readers!