Chapter Six

I could have sworn that I locked the doors and seal the windows before I left for school. But I got a call from Harley on the first period after break, where I thought he wanted to tell if he could come over, but no. He called because there was a break-in at my house.

Yes, apparently, he was at my house when I haven't ended with school, not even on the last period. I was confused but I let that hung for a while. I quickly excused myself, telling my teacher that Morgan did trouble again (when she had never ever done any troubles at her school) before speeding off home. I don't know if Harley is telling the truth but I decided not to involve Morgan so instead of picking her up at her school, I drive home to investigate.

Oh, God, I hope Harley is not lying. The cabin is pretty much the only thing that we have. Dad doesn't leave a safehouse for emergency.

My heart couldn't stop pounding while driving home and once I arrived at our territory, the first thing that I saw was Harley's familiat car. He was smart to park his car a bit far from our yard and he was actually hiding behind a bush. What a great spot not to be noticed. I parked a little further to stay low and to reduce anyone else's suspicion. While watching Harley from inside my car, I called Harley.

'You're here?' he asked once he picked up the call.

'What're doing at my house? I'm not even off school yet!'

'I'll explain that later. We have a bigger problem now.' I watched as Harley stoop as he rounded his car with his phone still on his ear. He looks alert. 'Where are you?'

'5 o'clock.'

His body turned, looking for me. When he thought he caught it, his eyes narrowed for awhile, trying to recognise my car, number plates and me at the driver's side. He nodded at me. 'Wait inside the car. I'm going to take a look at your house.'

I nodded, understanding his strategy. As soon as we ended the call and as soon as I put my phone down I quickly take out a controlled rat toy that once upon a time I helped Dad built. We were out of ideas of which animal to use as disguise for our moving tiny camera on the ground since we have a bird as our drone on the sky, so we stick to my first idea: rat.

Not that I don't trust Harley, but I want to know what's happening and who the else are brave enough to break into Tony Stark's house even when he is already dead? Who the hell are still holding a grudge against Dad? As far as I can remember, the last enemy Dad made was with Thanos, who is also dead.

It's been a while since I use the Rat. The last time I used it was when I helped Dad tricking an employee who was trying to betray Mom. That was very bad. Mom almost lost Stark Industries and I don't even know why because Mom's business is clean. Although the Rat is still working, but I don't know if its battery is enough for spying at this moment and it's a surprising good news that the Rat is quiet seeming that I haven't put up enough effort to do a maintanance on it. Otherwise, we'll get caught. Deeper into our territory, entering our yard, I saw an unfamiliar truck. I don't recall anyone I knew drives a truck. Most of them drive sports car or ride a bike. Wilson sometimes fly.

Harley stopped around the corner, keeping an eye over three strangers unchaining the garage. I moved the Rat closer to the thieves.

'Wow, that was easy!' One of them claimed as they laughed among themselves. They must have thought that Dad was stupid enough not to build a tight security system especially since moving into a smaller and unpopular town.

They opened the garage door. I wished they stepped inside quicker that Dad's neon wall that acts as the security door.

Booyah!

'What the hell is this?' One of them has a single scratch scar across his left eye and the affected eye has no pupil and iris. And now all three of them looked puzzled.