Chapter Twenty

I didnt dare to call Mom and tell her what happened to the cabin although Mom might not care about it being destroyed because it happened over times when Dad was still alive. It was always like that so I guess it runs in the family.

     I sat on the sofa chair in my room beside the tall window, cuddling with fluffy blankets. A few days after I got rescued by Dad's Iron Man suit and was taken here, also a few days after I knew about QB, I caught myself a fever, in which, worried them all especially Harley. He was so keen to take care of me that sometimes, when I wake up, I'll see him sleeping on the sofa chair I'm currently sitting on. If not that, I'll wake up with the smell of good soup and tea for breakfast. Harley will always be there to force me to eat before taking some medicine. Just he said he will.

     When I was younger, I was banned from being on social medias. It was not because of cyberbullies Dad was afraid for me, but he doesn't want to risk me exposing my whereabout to his enemies. Because, let's face it, I could get kidnapped or somwthing worser. Growing up, Dad never hide anything from me. Any missions he's gone through, including the tortures and the kidnap, he'd tell everything to me. Though, it might take months for him to open up, but not always like that. And I believe him. That's how I know he was serious about my safety so I never got on social medias.

     Feeling bored flipping through the old magazine, I decided to get up and leave the room. I heard some intense conversations going on in the hall so I decided to barge in. I want to know what they're discussing about.

     "I don't know about you guys, but I don't know if we could win this game this time," Sam confessed to all of the men in front of him. I can see it in their face. They were shocked at how brave Sam said it, like he's sensitive at all. Harley and Rhodey opened their mouths to counter, but Sam was quick to explain. "Not saying that I'm already giving this up, man, but I happen to have another fight back at home and my sister needs as much you need me. But I'm here, aren't I?"

     Bucky just watched Sam like he understood from his friend's perspective.

     "I called Bruce yesterday," Rhodey said. Everyone's attention turn to Rhodey this time.

     "And?" Sam pushed.

     Before answering, Rhodey had a look. A look of hesitation to tell his friend about the news he was about to tell. It means a bad news. "He said there's no next time for him," Rhodey whispered.

     "Come again?"

     "He said there's no next time," Rhodey repeated louder this time, letting a long breath as if there's a burden lifted off his chest. "He said he can't fight anymore."

     Sam let out a heavy sigh, shaking his head. He looked sad and disappointed, not sure to whom particularly. Is it my Dad? Is it Rhodey? Is it Dr. Banner? Or is it me?

     They continued discussing about Dad's time machine, that they have to find a way to save it from falling onto the wrong hands. Well, it already fell onto the wrong hands, it's just that we have to take it back before they figured how to run that thing. Not to mention about Dad's—

     "—techs and his inventions are also under our care to protect," Bucky said.

     I must have zoned out to miss what they were talking about. But when I regained my consciousness, I quickly intervened. "Dad destroyed them," I said loudly without planning on it. It came out spontenously when Bucky mentioned about Dad's technology.

     "Terri, you woke up." Harley came to get me as if I'm going to fall and he's there to catch. But I'm not unstable so I pushed him aside.

     There was a moment of silent where I stood there and trying to remind myself again what happened. And it seems that these men were waiting for my explanation.

     "Terri? Is everything alright?" Rhodey asked as the rest only observed me and waited for me to say something.

     "Dad's techs at the Garage," I said. "Dad told Friday to destroy them."

     They had confusion in their faces.

     "Look, I know you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about. I don't even understand at first, but it came to me just now while you guys are discussing about protecting my Dad's time machine and all," I said. I turned to look at Iron Man suit standing on display near the front door. I bet Rhodey's Iron Man suit's a nanotech because I see it less. "Dad told Friday to destroy all of his techs back the Garage when the thieves came to crash them down. He said to erase all of his evidence there. Leave no single trace of him and of his finger prints. It's like he knew something like this would happen."

     "How do we confirm that they're all destroyed? We can't just trust this AI. He could be hijacked," Sam remarked.

     "Okay, first, it's a she. Second, there's only one way we can know if Dad's techs were actually destroyed."

     "I wonder that might be?" Bucky asked carefully, though he looks like he already knew the answer.

     "We have to go back there and check for ourselves. Well, maybe I have to go there."

     No." Came from all the men altogether.

     "It's only been two weeks. Whoever wants to steal your Dad's techs would still be there. The Garage is still a hostpot. We cannot go there," Bucky reasoned.

     "Look, if I was wrong and Dad's techs are still there and those thieves somehow got their hands on it, we have no choice but to kill them." I blame Peter for suddenly having this motivation. "Although, I do not like that idea, but one thing for sure, whomever those thieves were working for is dead."

     "Who were they working for?" Rhodey asked.

     "Quentin Beck," I answered. "No wonder that name sounded familiar to my ears because I recognised him. I met him couple of times at Stark Industries when I came to bother my parents. He was a funny guy, that jerk. I don't know what went wrong."

     "How did you know this Queen Bee is him?" Sam asked.

     "I called Peter few days ago," I answered. Didn't miss how uncomfortable Bucky looked and Harley's roll of his eyes. "I mainly wanted to know what happened in London since it went viral, but one thing leads to another. What happened in London, turned out, was also because of QB. He's taking a revenge on my Dad for so many reasons."

     "What have Tony done this time?" Rhodey asked. He couldn't care less. Dad was his best friend that nothing would surprise him by now, but he want to know what happened.

I shook my head, smiking sadly at Rhodey. "Dad stole QB's idea about the holographic technology and made him mine."

     Rhodey clenched his jaws and shook his head. Somewhere in my mind, I could hear his voice calling "Tony" for warning like how my father called me when I'm in trouble.

     "So what now? You're going back to that masacre to find your father's proof?'"

     "Yes. That's what I'm going to do now. Literally. Now." I approached my Iron Man suit. Sensing my movement, it turned on automatically.

     All of a sudden, before I reached my suit of armous, my arm is being pulled. "Terri. It's stupid. Those thieves could still be there. You can't fight them alone."

     "I am my father's daughter, Bucky. I know how to fight them." Without waiting anymore minutes, I flew through the tall window.