Chapter Two

Mom was picking out a dress for Morgan when Happy tapped my shoulder. I turned to face him. 'What?'

'Do you want to get something for refreshment?'

I raised my eyebrow at him. I know things are building up inside me, but I'm not yet ready to talk to him. 'Yeah. Sure,' I agreed anyway, seeing that I'm not needed by Mom at the moment. I'm not in a mood to shop, frankly. Since we got here, I've only been following Mom and Morgan from store to store. I occasionally smile and nod at their choices.

I followed Happy to Starbucks. He handed me some cash and while he went out looking for a seat. I went to order our usuals. If Dad were here, Dad will ask me to order for Happy, too, though he doesn't approve if Happy sat with us. Happy will sit two tables away from us, keeping an eye on the road, at other tables for potential Stark enemies like a bodyguard.

'Welcome to Starb– Terri?'

I was startled, at first. I mean, sure, people know me because of my father, but it's unlikely for them call me like we know each other. 'Harley?'

'Damn, it's been months. How're you?' Harley kept his smile on his cute face.

'Umm, good, I guess,' I half-heartedly answered. 'What about you? Didn't you live in Alaska?'

Harley scratched behind his head. 'Oh, uh, kinda I study here.' He shyly chuckled.

'What, at the high school?' I was hoping he's not studying at the high school I'm attending. I'm not in the mood of looking for potential best friends, at the moment.

'No, no. I kind of graduated high school.'

'What? Are you serious? So you're starting college at.... 15?'

     Just like....Dad....

I felt like running and screaming, letting my emotions out. Why? Why must he be like Dad? Why him?

'What're you doing here? I mean, I know you're not the shopping type, but–'

'Morgan and Mom. I'm here for them. Plus, it's weekend so why not.' I hope he understands what I was implying to let him know. For me to say the word "family time" out loud is hard without Dad.

Harley smiled. 'Right, right. So, what would like to order, m'lady?'

I laughed, then ordered mine and Happy's usual.

'Two?'

'Yeap. One for me and my chauffeur over there.' I pointed my thumb over my shoulder without really turning around to spot Happy's whereabout.

Harley leaned a little bit to his side to see whom I was pointing at. 'Right. Happy.' He smiled from ear tor ear. He knew Happy. I saw them talked briefly at Dad's funeral and Happy looked like he knew Harley too.

It's been a while since I last saw Harley. It was many months ago at Dad's funeral. Being tall and handsome, completed with black suit, I almost didn't recognise him especially I've never met him face to face before. What I know about him was that he helped Dad one time when Dad was stranded in Alaska and the first shelter he found was Harley's garage. Dad took his time there to recharge — both him and his robot — before heading home few weeks after that.

We talked for a little bit after Dad's funeral. It was a fun chat because I haven't heard a story about Dad from a child/teenager point of view. He reminisces back on the first time he met Dad. He said Tony Stark was bad as grown-up, indeed. When he told Dad about his father ran away, Dad didn't really help him with his (Harley's) daddy issues. He also told me how he made Dad almost pass out because he talked about the Avangers fighting monsters and Dad had anxiety that time.