Hope💗(Yoonseok)

Requested by starlight9393

Waiter!yoongi and Dancer!hoseok

•••••

It was a usual day at the cafe. It wasn't too crowded as he decided to take part in taking orders and serving food. He usually doesn't like being the waiter, simply choosing to be at the cashier or helping out with the dishes but today he was feeling better about himself. It was rough. He had broken up with his toxic ex. The one that had badly messed up his mind. The one that made his think he was never enough for anyone in this world. He made him think it was his fault. It was his fault that the guy fell out of love. It had been a month and he was done moping. A certain dancer from school had helped him getting out of that bad mindset. And he was hoping to see him today. Not like he invited the dancer for a date or anything but he was hoping he'll come to the cafe today since he knew his gang always came after dance practice was over. Not like he was stalking him or anything. He just happen to know.

And right on time, the bell chimed as a group of three entered. Yoongi tried not to glance at them - he tried to look through his peripheral vision as he bent over to wipe a table, setting aside the used dishes. The three walked towards him and passed him as they settled for the table next to the one he's at. They were in his section - meaning he'll be tending to them later. He finished up, putting the rug on his shoulder and balancing the dishes before going to the back.

He stood in front of a mirror, checking his white button up in the mirror, making sure it's well tucked in his tight fitting slacks. Taking a last glance, his face clear and looking good, his eye bags were subtle - better than before. Taking a last breath, he exited and walked towards the trio. Taking the small notepad from his apron, he put on a large smile and said with the fakest voice ever, "Hi! Welcome to Bright Stars and Dark Moons. What can I get for you?"

They turned to him as he felt his breath hitched. The two - who he recognised as Jungkook and Jimin - sat beside each other as they stared at the person in front of them, as if waiting for him to say something. "Hyung" the person spoke up as Yoongi could feel the butterflies dancing around in his stomach.

"Hey Hoseok" The two made eye contact as he could feel his cheeks heating up. The two rarely talked actually. Just started when the dancer found him, crying and frustrated out of his mind, punching into the cement wall. Hoseok looked panicked as he tried to stop him. Yoongi actually not caring about some random junior that tried to help him and even accompany him to the nurse's office. He had wished to never meet him again. He don't need someone to become his therapist when all he wanted to do was escape from the world. Sadly, he did when the younger found him on top of the school roof, legs swinging off the ledge. He wasn't gonna do anything actually, Yoongi just liked how far high he was, gravity pulling his feet down as it dangled when the younger came in. He must have took it wrong as his face contorted into something of fear.

Hoseok froze, eyes wide and words were stuck in his throat. Yoongi could see that as he stared back, face blank and uncaring. "S-sunbaenim" he called out. Yoongi took it in himself to stop scaring the dancer as he stood up and hoped down to safety - not before seeing how the dancer was ready to jump at him.

Since then, the younger had been sticking to him, asking about his day and simply - chatting. Not even mentioning what he just saw on the rooftop. By then, the news of his breakup had spread. People knew. And now this happy motherfucker had been following him around like a lost puppy - how could those stupid noisy fuckers not take it the wrong way.

He was fine with the gossip - simply ignoring it and also the younger who never seem to care when it was evident that he wanted him far from him.

Yoongi continued to push him away. That was until gossip spread and it reached - him. His ex was saying how he was such a hoe, the moment he was single, he ran his petty ass to be fucked by a dancer. It must be fun, he said.

Yoongi couldn't help it, he broke down the moment that asshole left. It's funny how he could not give a damn about whatever people were saying but put too much thought when the person who he thought loves him said such thing.

He was under a tree when Hoseok found him. He was tired out of his mind when the dancer, fresh from his shower after his practice, happily ran up to him. His smiled dropped so fast the moment he saw Yoongi's tear stained face. Yoongi broke down again in Hoseok's embrace that day.

But now he's all better - thanks to the younger of course. They had grown much closer now, Hoseok have been to his home a couple time when he felt down. He could considered the dancer his best friend even, though they were rarely seen together in public.

The trio ordered their food as he jotted it down. As he were about to went back to the kitchen, someone caught onto his wrist which halted his steps.

"Hyung" Hoseok called out, "um- when are you getting off?"

"In-" he paused to look at his watch, "20 minutes actually. I think you guys will be the last for me"

Hoseok looked back to the two before he said, "can I talk to you after your shift? I'll wait" Yoongi simply nodded as he felt words died down in his throat. Talk? That always ended up badly.

Yoongi had tried thinking of anything bad he had done lately. Hoseok's not mad at him, right?

He had been distracted after that, the trio *cough*hoseok*cough* must have noticed it as he didn't even try to put on a smile. He was tired. He's always tired - sluggish not wanting to deal with anything that he thought could be bad. But he had to, seeing that - out from his apron and out through the front door - the dancer was waiting for him, his two friends nowhere to be seen as he played on his phone. Yoongi quickly caught his attention. The younger had offered to walk him home. Yoongi had protested as it was almost 7 and the younger probably had to be home too but he had insisted. (Yoongi secretly enjoyed it)

It was quiet except for the occasional crunch of their shoes as they were walking towards Yoongi's apartment complex.

It wasn't until the younger cleared his throat that the silence was broken. "Are you okay,hyung? You looked out of it today"

Hoseok noticed it? Of course he did. He was just too kind.

"I was just- thinking" the dancer seems to want to ask again before he let it go, optioning to bring up about himself.

"I-I wanted to ask you something" Hoseok stopped in his tracks, Yoongi had to turn around as he walked past him.

"I know it was probably too soon for you but I had been thinking for a while, even before we started talking you know. You probably want nothing to do with it but I just want to let you k-"

"Hoseok" the younger stopped rambling, " just went out with it"

"Oh right. Sorry. I just- reallylikeyouandwantedyoutoknoweventhoughyouprobablywantnothingtodowithme"
.
.
"I'm sorry?" Hoseok groaned at him. Yoongi actually heard it but he was- he wanted to hear it clearly. Is he for real?

"I- really like you and I really want to hold you and cherish you. I had been thinking about it since you broke up with that asshole but when I saw how broken you were, I just wanted to protect you. He doesn't deserve you and I know I can do way better than him and I hope you don't think it's too soon or anything" Hoseok was burning. He was looking down, playing with the pebbles. Yoongi could barely see the redness decorating his cheeks.

Hoseok looked up to him as he was about to say something before the younger cut him, "it's okay if you don't want to. It's stupid I know but-" the dancer was rambling again. He looked panicked as he was holding onto Yoongi's arm, slightly shaking him from how he looked worried about how it was 'too soon' for him.

Yoongi chuckled as it brought back the dancer's attention to him. "Hoseok. Actually I would love to try something with you. To be honest, I may or may not think you're cute"

A large smile formed on the younger's face before he shouted out a loud 'really?!' in his face before apologising. He continued on rambling how he'll treat him better than any guy had as they linked arms, continued to go back to Yoongi's apartment as Yoongi thought that whatever Hoseok was offering, it doesn't sound too bad. He like it.

••••••

1586 words

Double update to make up for the times I wasn't able to update.