Chapter 39:The Start Of A New Era

Start from the beginning

Deiogus: ...Vlora, please...Don't push yourself too far. We can handle it from here.

Devorah: You have done all you can here, Mistress Vlora. Please don't exert yourself any further.

The two Deity's words were filled with concern and worry for their friend. Though their words were able to snap her out of her gaze as she tried to put on a brave face.

Vlora: D-Don't worry about me, I'm f-fine.

Deiogus: Your constant shaking and uneasy expression says otherwise. Vlora, you don't have to force yourself any further. You know that me and Devorah can handle this ourselves.

Vlora: (Slowly drops her head) I k-know... B-But I won't just sit around and do n-nothing! ...I h-have to do something... I have to...

Devorah: You've already done more than enough, more than anyone here. You shouldn't force yourself to go through such pain. These past few days have already been rough on you, so please don't hesitate to rest, even if it's for a little while.

Vlora: I'll r-rest once everyone here is safe!

Deiogus: (Sighs) ....There really is no convincing you, is there?

Vlora: (Simply shakes her head as she thinks about past events) Everyone is counting on us. Now is not the time for you to be concerned about me.

Deiogus: Of course I'm going to be concerned. You witnessed such horror that any normal being would have already lost the will to live just from hearing what you experienced. So please don't force yourself over the limit, you need to conserve your energy.

Vlora: (A bead of sweat drops from her forehead) I h-have more t-than enough energy to help! Don't concern yourself with my well-being, D-Deiogus.... I can do this.

Deiogus: Vlora, I can sense your divine magic lowering more and more with every passing second. If you keep this up, I'm afraid you'll exhaust yourself to the point of no return.

Vlora: Then so be it! I'll gladly pay that price!

Deiogus: (He gains a very serious expression) Killing yourself in the process won't bring our friends back.

This sudden comment caught both Vlora and Devorah off-guard. They hadn't expected for Deiogus to say such a thing.

Devorah: Deiogus! Don't say that! She has already been through enough!

Deiogus: She needs to hear this, regardless of how she feels. (He turns his head to Vlora, who was now silently trying to hold her tears back) What you witnessed was tragic, something that no one should have seen. Not only that, but you were the only survivor.... I can't even begin to imagine the sorrow's that you are currently feeling and I understand that you want to do whatever it takes so that no would have to suffer like you did.... But right now, you are only hurting yourself.... Do you honestly believe that Geouro and Selina would want you to continue like this?

Vlora: (Her divine aura slowly begins to drop) ...I...I don't know what else to do... T-This...is all I can do...(A tear falls from her eye)...I have to pay the penance for what was done...

Deiogus: What happened was not your fault. You did what you could and fought with all the strength you had. Please Vlora, don't punish yourself for something that you had no control over.

Vlora: IT IS MY FAULT! (More tears begin to form) I could've done something to convince Selina and Geouro that fighting wasn't the answer... I should have done more to stop this pointless war! But I didn't! ...And now they're dead! ...Everyone...Everyone we knew...is gone...