Asexual Appreciation (Comfort Fluff)

((Asexuals need more appreciation. This goes out to all my special asexual homies, love y'all. For future reference also so people don't get confused in August or something, this takes place in June - Happy Pride Month everyone!))

---

"Movie night!"

Xisuma cheers, throwing his hands in the air, popcorn bags in his grasp as a few pieces fly out from his sudden gesture. Impulse snatches a bag from his hold and takes a seat inside of one of the many plush bean bags on the ground, presumably next to Xb and Wels.

"Can we please hurry it up?" Bdubs ushers, anxiety tingling in his tone. "I don't want the movie to end during the night, and if night comes, then I'm sleeping through it." He huffs, crossing his arms across his chest, then adds a little shake to his head. The loose ends of the red bandana tied around his forehead dance with his shaking head.

"Come on, you big baby," Doc says and elbows him lightly. "Just watch the movie with us. You'll get distracted anyways." He adds with a small smile. Tango, with a can of Cola in his hand, jumps on Bdubs's lap, making the man under him yelp before Tango gets comfortable.

"Put the horror movie in, Xisuma!" Ren demands, and Bdubs gasps dramatically.

"Nope, no, no, no!" Bdubs squirms in his seat, but with Tango sprawled across his legs, he couldn't stand up or wiggle his way out. Tango wraps his arm around Bdubs's neck to make him stop, and gives a shit eaten grin towards Bdubs's direction.

"Relax. It's not that bad, if anything, the trailer was trash. Put it in, Xisuma!" Doc encourages, pulling a trembling Bdubs to a tight side hug. Xisuma glances among the miniature sea of Hermits, meeting with most of their gazes.

Iskall, Stress, and Ren sitting at the back table with blankets enveloping their bodies. Mumbo and Grian sitting on the couch to the right side, being rather close to one another, but Xisuma decided not to question. Scar, Etho, and Jevin are laying across a white stained futon to the right, and all others are spread across the ground, either sitting on bean bags or pillows.

Xisuma inserts the Blu-Ray disc into the comparator that is sticking out, then gently pushes it inside. With the small, obsidian colored remote in hand, he quickly walks to the group on the ground and wedges inside a gap that Keralis and Cub made for him to squeeze through. The screen for the movie starts up, and Xisuma easily presses the play button, letting the movie begin.

---

An hour of the movie pushes by, almost marking the halfway point of the film. Some Hermits are bored out of their minds, others commenting on how poor the quality is. Except there's one Hermit who is shuffling uncomfortably on the couch. With all horror movies it seems, there's always the unnecessary sex scene that comes to play, making some of the Hermits groan with disapproval or ignore it until the next exciting scare happens.

All but one.

As Mumbo clenches on one of the arms of the couch, a dot of sweat trickling down the side of his face, he can't seem to move from his position. He's hoping Xisuma would skip ahead, or rather anyone with the remote, but no one seems to care. And Mumbo certainly didn't want to say anything that would give away that he is troubled with the scene due to his awkward social skills and skyrocketing anxiety.

His hands are visibly trembling as they clutch on the material of the couch, and Grian seems to finally catch on. He twists his head to see Mumbo's reaction, wondering if Mumbo felt the same boredom with the scene, but the sight startled him. He wasn't sure why Mumbo was shaking, sweating, fumbling around with broken strings on his clothes, and for a moment, he thought he was imagining it.