Home (Angst + Fluff)

((⚠️ Mentions of suicide and abuse ⚠️))

---

Grian's life was one that he never wished to have.

He would stare at his white ceiling with a blank gaze that is hard to decipher or read. As he stares at the ceiling of his bland bedroom, he would listen to his parents arguing downstairs.

The arguing suddenly stops as a slam echoes downstairs to mark that someone left. He can only assume that was his mother since thundering footsteps stomp their way up the stairs. A tear slips out of Grian's eye to roll down the side of his face since he knew the inevitable pain was going to come soon.

His father belabors Grian's bedroom door to scare the boy, but with the countless years of torture and abuse, Grian has managed to grow somewhat accustomed to the harsh blows to his body and the pounding of his door.

A deep holler of a man demands his name from the other side of his door, and knowing his violent father full well, Grian knew that if he became disobedient, he would receive twice the amount of punishment. Sometimes even more than twice.

His neighbors have called Child Services a handful of times because of the screaming and hammering fists that would collide into some sort of furniture or home wall. Whenever Child Services came to see the issue, Grian's mother would always weep while putting make-up on Grian's skin to cover the bruises marking along his flesh.

Grian despises his father with every being in his soul. His mother, on the other hand, greatly fonds over her and loves her since she is caught in the same situation. His mother is compassionate and he wants to live with her, but Grian's father refuses to get a divorce, which is forcing them to stay together.

Grian's mother, Maria, has been making plans to file a court case against Grian's father, in which we do not speak of his name because he doesn't deserve to have a name title for all the cruelty he has caused. Grian is trying desperately to help Maria make a court case against child abuse in hopes that the parents can forcefully get split apart, possibly even put a restraining order on Grian's father and charge him fines.

He might even go to jail for all the years he has abused his son. All the blood that Grian has lost because his father would mercilessly beat him up would hopefully be enough proof to toss his father into jail. He sometimes even threatens Grian with a knife until Grian obeys his raging command.

Grian can't move from his bed as his father ruthlessly continues to throw punches at his door. Maria installed a lock on his door recently so that he can lock the door and run.

And that's exactly what he is going to do under the wish of his mother.

The boy finally pulls himself together to toss on warm clothes. His movements begin to quicken since he knew his father would drunkenly grab a drill to loosen the hinges of his door. Based on the slurs of his father's screaming vocals, Grian can only assume that his father has been drinking this evening.

Strapping a backpack along his shoulders, which is stuffed with school items and clothes in case he doesn't return by morning, Grian strolls to his window. It was already unlocked since he lives on the second floor and so his fumbling hands don't have to open the locks in times of panic.

Well, screw panic. Grian hasn't felt emotions in a long while. All of his happiness has drained entirely from his once sparkling orbs of joy. As years progressed, he began to lose a smile and lost many of his friends.

At least he has one person. One person that is his escape from reality, someone who deeply cares about him.

Grian opens the window before swinging one leg after another through the frame. His foot lands on a branch from a tree that is conveniently next to his window. He had a feeling his mother gave him this room on purpose for that specific reason.