18. The Battle cry-1

~Earlier that day~

     The sun still hadn't risen in the sky but the whole palace was busy with the preparations. It had been decorated nicely. Every single person wore white for the Prayer festival. 

Jungkook was working in the palace courtyard, checking the materials that were needed for the festival, being completely unaware of the shadow lurking behind him. 

"Son, I need to tell you something important!" Whispered the shadow from behind. 

Jungkook leaped up in the air being startled. He turned around to get a view of the owner of the voice. 

To his surprise, it was none other than Namjoon. He heaved a sigh of relief to know that it wasn't an assassin. 

"Uncle, you scared me there," Jungkook said, rubbing his chest. 

"My apologies son, but this is very important. You need to hear this," Namjoon said, holding Jungkook's shoulder. 

"Yes, tell me uncle, what do you want to say?"

"Not here. Someone might hear us. Let's go somewhere secluded."

They went to the nearby stable. After making sure that there wasn't anyone, Namjoon started talking. 

"You love miss Kang YN, right?"

"Yes, uncle. I love her so much! But why are you suddenly asking this?"

"Because........Jimin has held her captive," Namjoon said sighing. 

"What do you mean held her captive??!" Jungkook went out of his wits hearing Namjoon's words. 

"One of my spies saw Jimin keeping her forcefully in his palace. When I knew about it, I sent my informers to investigate it and I found out that Hoseok had helped him kidnap her."

By the time Namjoon had finished, Jungkook was already pacing the stable. His head could only process the word 'kidnap' and nothing else. Imagining YN in a compromised state hindered him from having any logical explanation of the matter. 

"Why would he do something like that. He-he doesn't love her. He said that to me himself!! So, why would he kidnap her now?!!!" Jungkook shouted at Namjoon for answers. 

"Calm yourself down, son. I think he lied to you about his feelings. May-maybe he does love her and that is why he had forcefully taken her and-and I hope you are able to understand what he might do to her," Namjoon said indicating a possible crime. 

"NO, NEVER!! I won't let that happen!!! I-I-I need to.....need to... what do I do, uncle?!!!" Jungkook said desperately trying to find a solution. 

"You have the 'Chief of Order' seal. Use it to assemble the army. It's the only way you can search the whole palace. Find her first then you can explain to your father."

Taking the royal army inside the palace was prohibited and only the holder of the 'Chief of Order' seal had the authority to order them to break such rules. Fortunately, Jungkook was currently in possession of that seal. 

"Thank you, uncle. You are such a lifesaver. I'm going to go to the barracks now. I'll see you later." Jungkook thanked him and dashed out of the stable with his horse. 

"RETURN BEFORE THE FESTIVAL STARTS," Namjoon shouted after him and then smirked, "You have a show to start."

               ~Present time~

YN had her hands and legs tied and a cloth in her mouth to keep her from shouting. She struggled a lot to get herself untied but she only got several bruises from it. She cursed at Taehyung for doing this to her.   

Suddenly she heard footsteps coming from the adjacent room. She turned her head towards the door in anticipation. 

The door opened and in came Lisa, Namjoon's daughter. All hope YN had got crushed with her arrival. She thought it would be Jungkook. 

"Don't get dejected. I'm here to help you," Lisa assured, looking at her disappointed face and took the cloth out of her mouth. 

"Really? You'll really help me? Thank you so much!" YN's smile bloomed again hearing Lisa's words. 

"Yes, yes," saying that Lisa hurried to help her. She untied the ropes and helped her get up. 

"Now listen, Jungkook and Jimin are about to start a battle because of this misunderstanding. So, you have to go there to stop them otherwise I'm afraid one of them is going to end up dead." 

"Really!! A war!! I-I........Don't worry, I'll go to stop them. Nothing will happen to your brothers," YN said and ran out of the room. 

Escaping the guards of Namjoon's palace, YN entered the king's palace. She was running inside the corridor when she bumped into Hoseok. 

Hoseok's eyes widened seeing YN in front of him. He grabbed her hand and asked, "What-what are you doing here?! How did you get out?"

"We don't have time for that!! Jungkook and Jimin are going to fight!! We have to stop them!!" YN replied desperately trying to free herself. 

"What are you talking about? The royal army isn't allowed in the palace!! How can they start a war here?!!!" Hoseok shouted at YN. 

"What!! A fight inside the palace?!!" Someone suddenly spoke from behind them. 

Hoseok and YN both looked behind to find a thunderstruck Yoongi.

"I'm telling the truth! Please, you have to believe me!"

Hoseok looked at YN and after thinking for a moment he dropped her hand and approached Yoongi. "You go tell this to the king and we'll go to stop them. Hurry!!"

Hoseok grabbed YN's hand again and ran towards the palace ground where Jungkook and Jimin were standing with their army for the battle cry to start. 

#to be continued........ 
#EDITED