Cedric Diggory | You're My Future

I was six years old when my parents discovered that I am a Seer. A powerful one in fact, for that I could see the future years ahead. It all started with dreams. Silly ones. Some of it consisting myself. Something like I got to buy lots of candies. I got to play in a muggle park. Even playing with a muggle child. It was all childish future dreams like that. Dreams that all happened just like how I saw it.

But those silly dreams turn into nightmares when I started seeing the deaths of people that are close to me. I saw how my grandfather died from a heart attack, and that's when my family started hating me. They know it wasn't my fault, but they keep blaming me for it because I didn't tell anyone. If I did, they would've done anything to stop it. But how?! How can I tell them when doing so will put more than one life, in grave danger? I've tried. I tried to tell my father that mom will be killed by a muggle accident. He ends up dead with her. And I was left blaming myself for everything.

Eventually, I got tired of caring about my dreams, and doing so, made my life better. I got friends. Real friends. I got admitted to Hogwarts. I became a Prefect. Then I met Cedric Diggory and we clique. Quickly, in fact. I love him and he loves me. Everything is going fine. Better to be specific.

Until I dreamt of him... A dream that I can't ignore at all.

I saw it. I saw everything. From the point that he put his name into the Goblet of Fire, till the point where he got killed by a wizard I don't even recognize, after being transported by the Triwizard Cup into another place instead of where the maze started.

That's when I realize it. I can't ignore it anymore. Because, that'll mean, he'll die.

Telling people about it will cost another life, but I still can change the future without telling anyone. I just... I just need to sacrifice. A sacrifice that I never wanted to do in the first place, and will never think of doing if Cedric's life is not what I'm risking.

I broke up with him. I broke up with him a month before the Triwizard Tournament. It hurt him. It hurt him because I can't give any valid reason for doing so. But it hurts me more than anything to see him having a future, I don't belong anymore. I saw clearly how happy his future turned out after I broke up with him. He survived, but I am not with him anymore.

Like what I saw after the move I made, Cedric joined the Triwizard Tournament. He asked Cho Chang into the ball when it was supposed to be me. Cho Chang became the hostage he needs to save in the second trial when it was supposed to be me. He got out alive from the last trial and won the Triwizard Tournament. Then he asked Cho Chang to be his girlfriend, and I was left on the far side, watching him laugh with her when it was supposed to be me.

No one even finds out that I cast a Finite charm on the Triwizard Cup to eliminate any tampering charm. No one.

But I don't regret doing everything. He's alive and kicking. That's all that matters. I can never get used to the fact that he's not mine anymore, but I'll do everything I can to make him happy. If his happiness is being with Cho Chang, then I'll fade away from his life.

I am currently at the Great Hall, finishing my paperwork when Liza arrived.

"Are you done with your essay?" I nod my head in her direction and gather my things.

I smile at her before pushing myself up from my seat, my things clutch into my chest. I followed her towards the door of the hall, and that's where I saw him. Walking side by side with Cho, his hands intertwined with hers and both laughing at something.

Grazing my lip between my teeth, I push my chin up and walk past him. Ignoring the pounding heart of mine inside my chest. Pounding so hard, it felt like my ribcage is going to burst. The pain was unbearable, but I never show it on my face. Not when he's around.