Jace pulled the sandwich away from Blake quickly and held up the two other options.

"Gold fish or barbecue chips?"

Blake grabbed the goldfish and opened the bag.

"Thanks John."

He smiled at the beautiful girl in front of him and they ate their lunch in silence.

§

Jace ran to Blake's car before she could leave. He had four minutes to talk to her, go all the way back to the locker room to change and be on the field before coach makes him run an extra lap or two.

"So since we are friends are we hanging out after school now?"

Blake thought about it. She had homework to do but why not. The boy worked so hard to be her friend might as well give him it.

"Whatever makes you happy John, see ya at my house."

She backed away and he fist bumped the air before bolting to the locker room.

"Why you so happy?" Tony asked Jace as he happily put on his gym shorts.

"I have plans after practice" he said as they both jogged to the field.

"Oh with who?" Tony asked with a smirk.

Jace only shook his head and Tony gave him a look.

"Oh come on tell me."

Jace shook his head and coach made them run a lap to warmup.

After practice Jace showered quickly and rushed out of the locker room.

"Hi baby" Taylor said with a smirk as she leaned against Jace's car.

"Don't call me that Taylor, and I have to go so can you get off my car?"

"Where you going?" Taylor asked him.

"Why is that any of your business?"

"Because I want to know if you are cheating on me" she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Taylor, we aren't dating play you sleep with a ton of guys now."

Her face turned bright red and she groaned.

"Just tell me where you are going. Are you hanging out with a girl?"

"It's really none of your business but I'm hanging out with my mom. Now can you get off my car?"

She smiled happily at his answer.

"Bye baby."

"We aren't dating Taylor!" Jace groaned loudly as she strutted away.

She swayed her hips in hopes that Jace would stare when she walked away but when she turned around he was already in his car and driving away.

Taylor frowned and sadly walked back to the other cheerleaders.

Once Jace got to Blake's house he parked in front of her mailbox before hopping out excitedly.

He knocked on the door and after a minute Blake opened the door wearing sweats and a hoodie with her purple hair in a messy bun.

She opened the door wider for Jace to walk in and she closed the door behind him.

"You wanted to hang out so what are we doing?" Blake asked him.

"Uh I don't know. How about a tour?"

Blake sighed but gave him a quick tour even though he has been here before.