Bonus Chapter : A Winter Wedding

Twenty Fourth of December. The snow covered the grounds of our estate. I watched from the largest window as the guest rushed to their seats the vast yard decorated to perfection. The room was full of chaos but the best kind of choas.

"Mother do I look okay?" I smiled over at my daughter. Athena. Her beauty seemed to know no bounds, She looked radiant in her floor length white princess gown. She was truly a gorgeous bride.

My green dress dragged on the floor as I walked over to her. I cupped her face and smiled. "I've never seen such a beautiful bride. Evan truly is a lucky man".

Her face flushed a bright red. "I'm nervous mom"

I laugh. "Wedding jitters".

"What if I fall!" She begins to fan her face. I grab her hand and pulled her to the nearest bench.

"I was nervous on my wedding day too"

"Really?" She looks up at me in disbelief.

"Yes I was fusing over everything and anything, Amanda and daphne had to constantly reassure me everything was going to be perfect" I smile fondly at the distant memory. "But the moment I walked onto the aisle and seen your father everything else seemed to vanish. Like it was just him and I" 

"I want a marriage like you and fathers" I grin.

"You're my daughter, I have a feeling you'll be just fine" she pulls me into a hug and I squeeze her tightly. "You are an amazing daughter. A wonderful mother and you'll be an extraordinary wife."

"Thank you mom" she kisses my cheek.

"Okay now enough with the sappy stuff, it's your wedding day after all" I clapped standing up. I offered her my hand and helped her up. "Your father is going to cry like a little girl and I cannot wait".

She gasps. "You're so mean"

"He's lasted this long darling, he'll be fine" she grins and walks over to the bridesmaids. I exit the room and walk through the busy hallway.

I knock on the door of the groom and walk in. The groomsmen readjusting their bows. I grins as I looked at evan who was struggling to do his.

"Need any help?" He sits up.

"That'd be great Ms.Malfoy' I laugh and shake my head.

"Even how many times have I told you to call melody. We're family after all" he smiles at me.

"Thank you Melody" I begin to tie undo his miserable attempt at a bow: "how's Athena?". I grin.

"I won't say much but she looks gorgeous"

"She always looks gorgeous" his cheeks tint red.

"You're a good man evan. A good father. I know you'll treat my baby-girl the way she deserves"

"Always"

"Good" I pull away from the bow. "There all done"

"Thank you" I stand up and look at my three year old grandson who was in the arms of one of groomsman.