Chapter 18

I had recently finished tutoring Potter he barely scraped by but professor Snape deemed it acceptable and I was free'd from helping him and all was right with the wizarding world again.

Granger was petrified recently to everyone's distress. Except mine I didn't even know the girl but some of the school is rather upset especially the remaining two, Potter and Weasley.

I'm not sure why they thought granger would be protected from the monster who's attacking the school and students.

"Hey Melody" looking up I see potter

"Yes potter?"

"Still calling me potter ?" I tilt my head

"What else would I call you?"

He rubs the back of his neck "you could try my name Harry?"

I paused for a second "fine just this once po-harry now what do you want" he smiles at his accomplishment

"I wanted to thank you for tutoring me and helping me pass potions"

I shrug "it's fine I was quite literally forced to do it"

He laughs "well thank anway" he turns to walk

"Potter"

He spins around "I'm sorry about Granger I'm sure she'll wake up soon"

"Yea I hope so" he waves and walks over to Weasley.

Waking back to the dorm I feel a chill in my spine and I freeze. The window opened before slams shut

Melody

I turned to find the owner of the voice except all I found was my empty room. I see a letter on my bed, the familiar family stamp is located on the back

Ripping open the letter I see my fathers penmanship

Melody

We require you home at once. The matter is rather urgent, please show the letter to Professor Snape and he will grant you permission to use his floo-network to get home quicker

Regards

Father

Grabbing my wand and cloak I grab the letter and race out of the dorm to Professor Snapes office. Draco was having a discussion when I entered the room

"Sorry to intrude professor but my father asked me to show you this instantly"

He nodded and grabbed the letter and skimmed it "very well do you wish to bring Malfoy?" I gulped and nodded "yes sir"

I stepped into the fire place with Draco holding my hand I threw the powder on the floor and shouted clearly

"Robinson Manor"

In a flash I was home in my living room the house was quiet no nose was heard, I stepped out and dusted myself off and looked round for anyone in the house

"Father? It's me Melody"

My father came down the stairs face pale lifeless, his eyes dull while his cheeks were sucked in. The man in front of me was not my father, my father was a happy man who's face always wore a smile at home.

I rushed over to his side and hugged him "father are you all right you look dreadful"

He gulps harshly before returning the hug "Melody sweetheart I need you to come with me"

I nod "I'll be right back dray"

Following my father up the stairs to my parents bedroom I enter and look around. My heart stops in my chest when I see the bed mother laying there breathing slowly doctors gathered round her with the help wiping her forehead every so often

"M-Mother" my voice cracked

She gave me a weak smile "Melody my dear how you've grown come here let me see" I walked up to her bedside and stood "such a beautiful angel"

"'Mother what's wrong are you unwell" I grab her hand and squeeze it

I only received a small smile from her "I remember when you were just a little girl you had such a big personality so full of life and happiness with a whole load of sass" this caused me to smile my mother started laughing before coughing "you my dear are destined to be the greatest witches of your generation and I'm sorry I won't be there"

Tears spilled on my cheeks, mother wiped them away but she too was crying and she was trying to hard not to I could tell "I'm sorry I won't see you graduate from hogwarts and I won't get to see you confess your love to Draco" she winks "and get married and have a family or see you live your life to its fullest "

"Mommy I don't want you to go" I sob

She cries "and I don't want to leave you my dear but life is cruel and you my dear have everything ahead of you I am merely one chapter in your story" she cups my face "don't cut off the people you love my sweet girl"

Father comes behind me and kisses mothers forehead before grabbing her hand and pulling me into him. I cry as I watch mothers breath slows down, her eyes glassy a smile placed on her face.

"We did good Leo" she looks at me smiling

"Yes we did Clara yes we did"

"My perfect little family" she gasps for air "take care of are baby, I love you both so much"

Her eyes close and her hand goes limp in my fathers grip. I close my eyes and tears begin to trail down my cheek, father pulls me close before he cry's softly into my shoulder. The help pulls the cover over her face.

After a while the house is quiet again and there's no noise heard once again. Father excused himself and I went to my room to be alone. There was a knock on my door and it opened revealing Draco.

"Hey Mel"

"Hi" I sniffed

"I know it's hard but I promise I'm always going to be here for you it will get better"

I sobbed and he pulled into a hug

"S-She's gone Draco g-gone" I cried into his shoulder breathing in his minty cologne smell. It made my breathing calm down a little. I eventually stopped crying

"Thank you for being here Draco I don't think I could deal with this by myself"

He hugged me close "I'm always here for you Mel always" I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart.

My heart was shattered, Mother dieing has left a hole, I know no one could ever replace and yet here was my best friend comforting me like he always has, wiping away my tears and putting me back together slowly.

The only thing on my mind right now was Eight Letters, Three words.

I love you

Word count: 1092