Chapter 29

Myself and Amanda we're currently perched on a stool in the back of Mad-Eyed Moody's class. There was only a couple of minutes left and you could clearly see he was on the verge of a breakdown if he didn't get a drink from his flask.

The bell rang and moody divided across the table to get his flask, he really did have an odd attachment to the liquor inside.

I was pull out of my trance when someone placed their arms around my waist. The familiar cologne was belong to none other than Draco. A smile made its way on to my face and I turned to face him.

"Miss me?"

"Always" I smile at him.

"Good" he pecked my forehead "mother owled me this morning"

"Yea is everything okay?"

"Yea she just said that you are staying at mine over the summer"

My heart dropped a little. Not that I didn't want to spend more time with Draco it's just I thought father and I had rekindled our relationship and he'd want me over but clearly I was wrong.

"Is everyone okay love"

I nod "yea I'm fine I just thought father would've liked me home"

He kissed my forehead "you'll still seen him don't fret"

"You always know just what to say"

"I know I'm fantastic"

I slap his chest "shut it". Grabbing his hand I pull him out of the class room, walking down the hall I spot potter and granger in deep conversation. I look to Draco.

"What do you think the next task is going to be?"

"Hopefully something that's actually cool" he shrugs

"Dumbledore is meant to announce it this evening considering the third task is so close you think he would've told the champions sooner"

Draco laughs "well you have nothing to worry about"

"I suppose you're right" we continued down the hall to potions with Snape. Potter looked up at me and smiled when I passed I gave him a brief  acknowledgment before staring straight again.

Chatter was filled throughout the hall. Students full of anticipation and wonder as to what the third and final task could be. Most Slytherins didn't care so talked about other stuff.

The teachers all looked at Dumbledore when he stood up.

"Silence please" Everyone stopped talking and stared at him "as you all know in exactly two days the final triwizarding tournament event will be held in the Quidditch field. There are many guess and a lot of speculation as to what the third event is" he looks around "all remaining champions will be put through the test as they must complete a maze."

A couple of giggles and laughs rang out through the hall at such a ridiculously easy tasks

"Yes it may seem funny now but the maze will be filled with magic and only the strong willed and strong minded will have the skills to complete the maze and succeed in retrieving the cup" he nods to the champions "I wish the champions the best of luck in preparing"

Most of them seem un-phased by Dumbledore's maze confession and father returned to previous conversations. Potter on the other hand had gone noticeably paler, he seemed almost worried.

Draco scoffed "what a ridiculous task you think they would've put some actual thought into the task"

"Stop complaining" I scowled

"Fine" he pouts

"Potter thinks it scary"

"What do you mean?"

"Look at his face the boy looks like he's been forced to kill someone" i say with my eyebrows furrowed together. Draco merely shrugs.

After dinner was cleared I got up and grabbed my wand pulling it with me. Draco followed after me, Professor Snape appeared behind me.

"Miss Robinson and Mr Malfoy please follow me to my office" I follow behind Snape with Draco beside me.

"What did you do" I whisper at Draco

"I was about to ask you the same thing" he whispers back

"So we both did nothing" I say and he nods

We enter Snape's office and take a seat in the two seats I front of his desk. He stares at us intensely.

"Sir did we do something wrong?" He shakes his head.

"No Melody you both have done nothing wrong" he clears his throat "your parents have asked me to talk to you both before they can re-explain later"

I stared at him confused, Draco grabbed my hand "what is it Professor?" Draco asked

"The dark lord is returning" I sucked a deep breath in and squeezed Draco's hand tighter.

"When is he" I asked trying to calm my breathing.

"After the final task" Draco didn't say anything only squeezed my hand tighter. We both just nod. "It's a lot to process yes but your parents will give you both more information when you's return home for summer" We both stood up and nodded.

Walking to the door Snape stops us "we both know it's in your best interest to keep your new findings a secret"

I turn and nod "of course sir"

Exiting the office I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. Draco pulls me into a hug.
"This are going to Change now" I whisper out.

Kissing me head he sighs "yes they will but my love for you won't change I'm going always going to be here for you"

He wraps his arms around my shoulder while I rested my head on his shoulder as we made our way back to the common room.

Draco kissed me goodnight before disappearing to the boys doors. I sit there and stair off into the fire which is still blazing high.

The dark lords return only means one thing to all the children that are descendants of former death eaters they too become servants of the lord. My parents served the dark lord when they were younger and always regretted the decision mother always promised is he returned I would not have to go through with it.

But now she's gone and my father barely acknowledges my presence. My life is about to change for the worst.

Staring at the clock it was after midnight, I got lost in my own thought that I hadn't realised I had been standing there for over 30 minutes.

Making my way the the steps I enter my dorm daphne and Amanda were both out cold asleep. I walk over to eclipse and grab a piece of paper.

Dearest Father

I was just informed by Professor Snape that the dark lord is returning.

I wanted confirmation from you. I know it must be difficult for you to talk about this touché topic but I need answers is he returning father?

Does this mean I'll have to become a death eater?

Your daughter
Melody

Giving eclipse a quick pet, I feed her a treat and  tie the parchment to her leg. Opening the window she takes off flying into the nights sky.

I take a deep breath and change into my pjs and climb into bed. I stare at the ceiling before rolling on my side and drifting off into darkness.

Word count:1189