Chapter 13

"Melody come on you promised you'd help me study for potions" I simply ignore the plea of my dorm mate and submerse myself back into my cosy pillow.

I found it rather hard last night to fall asleep, I blame all the drama with the chamber being open. Daphne and Amanda stayed awake talking about their theory's of who the 'heir' is, this resulting in me not sleeping.

"Melody Robinson! I'll go get Draco"

I snorted "the stairs are enchanted daphne good luck with that" She scoffed and stormed out of the room.The complete silence in the room lead to me dozing off a little until the dorm swung open.

"Get her up Malfoy!"

I heard a familiar scoff "bloody woman". There was a padding across the floor until I felt the bed dip and a hand placed on my shoulder.

"Mel come on you need to get up"

My eyes widened and I turned to see a familiar blonde boy staring at me "how in the name of merlin did you manage to get up the stairs?"

He winked at me "luck"

"Yes I'm sure it was" I rolled my eyes "okay I'm up you can leave"

He places a hand over his heart "your kicking me out"

"Yes I'm getting dressed now scram"

"What a great friend you are" he muttered under his breath

"Want to repeat that?"

"No thanks bye Melody" with that he ran out the door of my dorm. Going about my daily routine I wash and clean myself before putting on my uniform it was only 7:30 which gave me and hour and a half until class. I was not looking forward to them.

Especially with Lockhart the new professor I was dreading that class. Putting on my uniform I grab my wand and bag before exciting the room.

I see daphne smiling at me sweetly "told you I'd get you up"

I rolled my eyes "yes and now I don't really feel like helping you with potions"

I walked out of the common room and heard her scream my name, I giggle at her and make my way to the hall "MELODY YOU PROMISED"

Entering the full hall I see all student buzzing In their groups, the nervous first years and of course professor Snape who looks beyond depressed.

I sit down in my usual spot next to Draco and grab some toast and an apple "you ready for classes mel?"

I nod "Yes I am there just so much pressure to do well"

"I know but you'll do fantastic as always" he places his hand Over mine and my cheeks heat up a little

"Thank you"

"No problem"

Herbology was first a rather boring and completely useless class unless you wanted to become a wizard florist which was unlikely

The professor was a cranky git and had no sense of humour and cared not for the sake of the students for example longbottom just passed out which was extremely funny

And not one Slytherin moved and the teacher continued on

Next class was of course Defence against the dark arts once one of my favourite subjects now thanks to Lockhart. Was my least favourite subject which would upset father if he knew

The class was full of chit chat of student and our 'beloved' professor was no where to be seen. The door at the top of the stairs opened revealing Lockhart smiling like a moron

"Let Me introduce you to your new defence against the dark arts teacher me"

Not a word was spoken I believe it was due to his idiotic behaviour? Or was it because he was so unbelievable self obsessed?

"Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award. But I don't talk about that; I didn't get rid of the Banden Banshee by smiling at him."

For merlins sake this man is completely infatuated with himself. Most of the class looks completely horrified while some of the love sick girls smile at his as if he's a war hero

"Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking! 'It's all right for him, he's an internationally famous wizard already!' But when I was twelve, I was just as much of a nobody as you are now. In fact, I'd say I was even more of a nobody! I mean, a few people have heard of you, haven't they? All that business with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!" He glanced at the lightning scar on Harry's forehead. "I know, I know — it's not quite as good as winning Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award five times in a row, as I have — but it's a start, Harry, it's a start."

Potter grimaced as Lockhart continues to speak
He handed out question that we all had to fill in

"1. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite colour?
2. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's secret ambition?
3. What, in you opinion, is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date?
On and on it went, over three sides of paper, right down to:
54. When is Gilderoy Lockhart's birthday, and what would his ideal gift be?"

I looked at Draco "is this man daft? How in the name of merlin am I supposed to know his favourite colour?"

Draco laughed "I have absolutely no idea this man is a little messed up"

"A little is a complete understatement Draco"

There was silence for a couple of minutes before the professor walked around and checked each paper "well done Miss Granger all answers correct" Her face was in a smile of complete admiration it was rather disturbing.

Lockhart stopped in front of my sheet in each section completely left blank "ah Miss Robinson nothing wrote down you didn't study?"

I raised an eyebrow "Mr.Lockhart I see no point in me wasting my extremely valuable time with such childish nonsense such as what's your favourite colour? Which I have no desire to know"

Draco snickered while Lockhart tried to compose himself and coughed "eh well of course on with the lesson"

He returned to the class, Draco nudged me "you really are something else mel"

"I know" I winked

"cornish pixies" I looked up to see the little devils they are extremely mischievous, ill-behaved flying creatures that are relatively harmless but can cause damage if not restrained.

Lockhart looks completely inexperienced like he has no clue what he's doing. They are not extremely hard to manage you just have to show authority of sorts

Lucius brought them home to Draco to show us both we both learned a spell to stop them moving. Rather good spell can be used for many different things

I once used it on Draco while playing chase he sulked for a who day until I repeatedly said sorry to which he gave in to eventually.

Lockhart let the pixies out causing complete Panic. Each student screaming bloody murder, Lockhart hide under the table from the pixies sighing Draco and I looked at each other before shouting

"Immobulus" together and The pixies freeze in the air and Lockhart emerges from under the table and fixes his hair.

"Eh Robinson and Malfoy thank you"

I rolled my eyes "no problem 'Professor'" I say sarcastically before exciting the class room with Draco laughing behind me and the golden trio staring in awe

What a useless teacher

Word count :1243