Chapter 32

After being stuck by the gate for an extra five minutes. The security had really increased in hogwarts due to what happen last year with Cedric Diggory. Dumbledore and the ministry weren't messing around with the safety of the students or staff this year.

I knew the real reason was they knew Voldemort was back. I sighed and subconsciously look down at my arm, myself and Draco were requested to join a year earlier than planned.

The dark lord needed to show he was back by recruiting new younger members. My friends are going to be asked this summer. I shiver and start walking .We entered hogwarts Snape nods to me which I reciprocate and he once again disappeared into the shadows.

Draco almost tripped and I just giggled and dragged him inside. I dusted my uniform skirt and walked to the hall for dinner. My heels clicked on the floor causing everyone to face me. I merely remained unamused and continued to my seat.

The feast began and normal chit chat started,

"Did you hear potter got put on trial"

I looked up at Blaise "no what happened?"

"Apparently he practiced underage magic outside of hogwarts and on top of that it was in front of muggles" I scrunched my nose up

"Well that was stupid"

"How is he not expelled!" Draco whines beside me, Blaise shrugs "apparently Dumbledore went to the trial and all charges that were on Potter were dropped"

I turned to Draco "See favouritism"

I looked up at the teachers table. Dumbledore stands and claps, everyone quietens and faces him. I yawned before looking at up too.

" Good evening, children.Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave.We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck.Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr.Filch, has asked me to remind you-"

"Why in the name of merlin is she wearing!" I cry out, everyone giggles "she wearing multiple shades of pink! This is a fashion disaster"

Amanda shrugs "she's also wearing pink shoes if that helps"'I gag

"Tell me you're joking"

"Nope look up yourself" I glance up

"That's just a crime" Draco kissed my forehead "now love you can't be judging people"

I look at him confused "what why not?"

"Because that Blaise's girlfriend" Draco burst out laughing as does everyone else, Blaise looks disgusted "piss off malfoy" this just makes everyone laugh harder

The pink abomination stands and waddles forward a little bit, I chuckle.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome.And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me.I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"Unlikely" I muttered,The hall looked dead rather unimpressed by her presence. She continued

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance.Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged.Let us preserve what must be preserved perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

Dumbledore stood "Thank you, Professor Umbridge."

She locked eyes with me and smiled rather creepily I refused to break contact instead continued to stare, she started to get uncomfortable which was amusing to watch. I sat back and Draco wrapped his arm around me. The witch finally looked away.

"Well that was something" daphne says

"I don't like her" I say

They all laugh "you don't like anyone Melody" I pout "lies!" They all raise their eyebrows at me.

"Ok fine I only like a few people but there's nothing wrong with that!" I say Draco turns my head and presses a kiss to my lip.

"guys cut it out" Theo says, I pull apart laughing, morons.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations.
O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe. Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven.But you'll be pleased to know, from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic. Yes?" I rubbed my temple between her and granger in this class Im going to have an extreme headache.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Granger asks

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom"

I looked up at her is she daft?

"We're not gonna use magic?"

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free." Well potters in a bad mood this morning

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class.It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about."

"I'm sure she's fun at parties" I whisper to Draco, he chuckles quietly.

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?"

"There is nothing out there, dear.Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her stupidity I doubt she was this naive to the return of Voldemort, meaning the ministry are ignoring his return. Well voldie is going to be happy to hear about this

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort."

"Now, let me make this quite plain.You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again"

"- This is a lie."

"- It's not a lie. I saw him. I fought him."

"Detention, Mr. Potter"

"Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?"

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident."

"It was murder. Voldemort killed him."

"Enough!Enough.See me later, Mr. Potter. My office." She screamed in her high pitched voice

Students began to leave the class room once the bell rang, I rubbed my temple.

"You okay mel"

"Bloody Hell I have a headache and I'm pretty sure I'm gone deaf"

"Why so theatrical Melody" Blaise says

"Why so nosey Blaise?"I smile at him sweetly he huffs and walks off. I turn and look at Potter who looks made his jaw is clenched shut and his hands in fists.

I walked by him and straight out the door to Draco. We made our way to second class, my mark began to burn, great. I thought as I looked to Draco he had the same look.

It's time to talk to voldie

Word count :1132