Chapter Thirteen

Virgil
    Virgil was having more fun than he would like to admit. Roman had been really nice the entire day and watched out for him when he needed to respond to what he was saying. Roman had used mostly yes or no questions so he didn't have to use his phone too often.

    Ze hadn't found them yet and Virgil was grateful, after Patton let it slip that Roman was possibly going with Virgil she was all over it. Virgil and Patton knew the mistake they had made. Ze was very close to Patton. She was a bit younger than the two of them and worked at the ice rink as a coach.

    But Ze had the tendency to over share and react, though she was sneaky about it. Virgil saw her walk into the costume shop before they left town, and figured she had something to do with Roman saying yes.

    The issue was, Virgil was too nervous to ask. He would later but now he was enjoying the fact Roman had gotten away from the weird limbo he was in. Virgil was standing with Roman as he looked at the ribbon crowns that a vendor was giving out and he wasn't really paying attention.

    Until one was placed on his head. Virgil jumped slightly and his hand went up to the crown. Instead of the normal ribbon crown he found a stick crown that was dyed black and had deep purple flowers. Virgil looked over at Roman.

    "What do you think? You like it?" Roman asked, Virgil glanced back at the mirror. He realized there were ribbons on it, but they were tied in the back. Virgil kinda felt it was a bit dark but he remembered who he was and what his atheistic was. So he just nodded and Roman smiled.

    Virgil went back to admiring his own in the mirror until he heard his name. Roman had one in his hair with a red dogwood crown with some yellow flowers. There were also ribbons where the crown rested on his head. Virgil smiled and almost laughed.
"What?" Roman asked confusedly. "Does it look bad?" He asked and put his hand to the crown. Virgil shook his head and grabbed Roman's arm.

    He held a finger up with one hand and then got his phone. Your last name is Kingsley, King is in there and now I see why Janus calls you Princey.

    Roman read it and nodded. "Well, I guess that means you are out with a prince. So will you be my princess?" Roman asked. Virgil rolled his eyes and shoved Roman lightly. Roman laughed and thanked the vendor.

    Virgil just hoped that his blush wasn't showing under the foundation. Roman was left freaking out a little about why he just said that, as he walked with Virgil. He was just trying to be Virgil's friend right? Virgil walked around with Roman and was looking around at the vendors, until something caught his attention.

    Roman was keeping tabs on Virgil as he walked through the vendors handing out free candy and other crafts, until he wasn't anymore. Suddenly, Virgil was not by his side and he saw him weaving between people. "Virgil!" Roman yelled and followed him. Roman was surprised how fast he was moving.

    When Roman caught up to him, he was looking at different..tarot cards? Roman knew that Virgil was in the Wicca school but he didn't know that he did tarot. Roman wondered if Wicca was like what he could do.

    Roman put his hand on Virgil's shoulder who jumped. Virgil looked up and saw him and then became hyper aware of what he was looking at. Roman would start asking questions, did he know? He had to, Virgil could tell he held abilities so that meant that Roman could tell. Right?

    "What are we looking at here?" Roman asked, he could tell that Virgil was a bit nervous. He could feel the energy bouncing off of him. Roman always felt like that, he just found ways to ignore it.

    Vigil pointed to the sign on the table. "Yes, I can see they are tarot cards but which ones are you looking at specifically?" Roman said with a chuckle. Virgil relaxed a little. He didn't question it. Roman smiled, he knew that he needed to make Virgil feel comfortable.