Chapter 28: I Loved You

En başından başla

He thought he was able to endure it until his eyes met with your (e/c) orbs that glistened like a shard of glass. His breath hitched upon gazing at your innocence. The way your tears were overflowing your drenched flushed cheeks, nose glowing red like a button and your luscious lips that was starting to swell, had him swallowing his saliva hard.

"I would do anything to rewind back time," you said as you clutched the textile of his clothing.

Aizawa furrowed his brows, realising how it reminded him about the past he had with you. It started to dawn on him how he missed having your presence. For 16 years, he had waited patiently for your arrival and now here you are, standing before his very own eyes.

"Y/n.." Slowly, he lowered his head to your level while inching forward to where your lips were. Your eyes dilated after realising what he was about to do and so, you braced yourself for it.

You could feel his hot breath against your skin, creating a tingling sensation. Both hearts began to pound for each other. With only a few inches apart and seconds before the two lips touch, the sound of the microwave rang. Quickly, Aizawa pulled back, leaving you staring at him in perplexed.

"Forgive me, I'm not right in the head right now," he panted heavily and turned away to resume cooking.

The dinner was awkward that you weren't able to look at him in the eyes and neither could he. The food tasted great but you didn't like how the atmosphere made it bitter. Aizawa was the first to finish his plate, he got up quickly and washed off the dishes before heading to the bathroom.

'Geez,, that was too close'

**Aizawa's POV**

Midnight finally rolled in yet Tsukauchi was still not home yet. Y/n however was sleeping on the sofa of the living room. Just as I was about to carry her to her bedroom, she yanked my sleeves murmuring words that were barely audible.

"....D-don't leave me, A-aizawa.."

I gaped at the abrupt action while feeling a slight ache in my chest. Pushing that thought to the back of my head, I carried her to the room and tucked her under the sheets as she fidgeted in her sleep.

"I've caused you great pain and did unimaginable things. There's no way I could accept your genuine heart..." I whispered.

My eyes landed on her soft features that resembled an angel. After all this time, my feelings for her couldn't fade and I found myself craving for her presence. But I, who have sinned a lot, didn't deserve her pure love in anyway and that was the truth.

I gazed at her one last time before giving a peck on her forehead. As soon as I spun around, I was greeted by Tsukauchi who had been observing and listening to me the whole time.

"When did you-?" I asked.

"Oh, for quite some time now," he smiled.

I sighed and exited the room with him while slowly closing the door behind us, making sure it didn't wake y/n up.

"Since you're here, I'll take my leave now-"

"Aizawa." He stopped me. "Don't blame yourself for what happened that day. On that rainy day. You did what was right in order to save y/n,"

Tsukauchi eyes gazed intently in attempt to assure me but there was only soreness and sorrow in my heart.

"No, I did what I felt like doing because it was for my foolish heart that yearned for y/n. Because of my selfishness, I altered time and changed the future. Even though it was her mother who was supposed to live and not y/n, I rewinded time to change that. As a a result, her mother died because of my actions -"

"Stop it, Aizawa. If you hadn't turn back time, then y/n would've died and her mother would've continued to live in misery. You saw how the future looked after y/n's death. It was only right of you to use the time machine in order to prevent any further casualties," He firmly said, silencing me.

My eyes dilated before looking away, as my teeth gritted in frustration. All of a sudden, there was a pat on my shoulder, causing me to face up. It was then I realised that Tsukauchi too was feeling strongly about the incident that happened 10 years ago. He gave me a rather weak smile as sadness swam in his eyes.

"I truly love her like my own daughter. And I can't thank you enough for bringing her back alive," he spoke. 

I pulled my brows together while feeling the few tears building up. I've always detested this sensation because the last time I cried was on the tragic day of Y/n's death.
__________________________________

hello hello. so from here on it gets abit confusing because of the whole time warp thing. however this is just the beginning of the explanation so its okay if you dont get it yet. the next chapter will unveil what happened after you left the 15 year old Aizawa's timeline.

It will also unveil what happened 10 years ago when Aizawa was trying to save you as well as your mother.

i hope my explanation will be good enough for you to grasp the situation 🥺🥺

also, a reminder that i'm always here with you during this difficult period. so feel free to dm me if things have been bugging you. i love you.

-sora.