E i g h t e e n

Betty P.O.V

The next day I woke up in my bed so I guess Jughead took me there, because I don't remember going to my room after we saw a movie. My head was spinning after the events of the last days, everything has changed suddenly. Last night was my first kiss with Jughead and I can't be happier, with him I feel safe. But I can't deny that I'm afraid that Trev will do something to Jughead, I don't care what he does to me, but I don't want anything to happen to Jug.

The morning was quite calm, I still had a lot to process so I decided to stay in bed. Jughead came to my room and snuggled up next to me with his arms around me. We were silent most of the time, a comfortable silence. 

In the afternoon the group came home so I could explain everything. Fangs and Sweets wanted to go out the door at that moment and go kill Trev but Cheryl managed to calm them down. I was pretty disappointed Veronica wasn't there, she's my best friend after all, but I figured she had things to do, big mistake, if only I had known at the time what was going on...

 The next few days were pretty quiet, Trev avoided me in the hallways (largely because Sweets and Fangs didn't part with me for a second) and Malachai and Kevin didn't speak to me, which I was grateful for because I didn't feel like dealing with either of them. Cheryl and Toni took turns spending the nights with me and preventing me from falling back into the temptation to cut myself. 

-Wednesday morning-

I have been sober for 3 days now and I can't take it anymore. Jughead obviously got rid of the cocaine and the urge to take it was killing me. I was in the middle of class when I decided to text Kev telling him to wait for me in the bathroom in 10 minutes. I asked the teacher for permission to go to the bathroom and I left class. 

''Do you have... you know?'' I asked Kevin looking sideways making sure there was no one else in the hallways. He opened his backpack and took out a plastic bag and I gave him a 10 bill. Normally it would be 20 but he makes me a 'special price' for being his friend. ''Thanks'' I said and I got into the bathroom. 

He grabbed my shoulder and said ''Be careful, I don't want anything to happen to you'' and I nodded and gave him a smile.

I took a notebook and my credit card out of my backpack and leaned the notebook against the sink. I spread some of the magic powder from the bag on the notebook and with the credit card I put it in a straight line. I took a deep breath before inserting it through my nose and instantly felt better, relieved.

After collecting everything I went back to class as if nothing had happened. In the class changes and at lunchtime I tried to avoid my friends at all costs so that they did not notice that I was high, which was difficult because these days they hardly left my side. Fortunately none of them noticed. 

I got home and Jughead was in the living room waiting for me. ''Ahem... Is something wrong, Betty?'' Jughead said serious. ''Wh- what? Why? I'm fine'' I said nervous.

''I don't know, maybe because you were avoiding us all the day'' Jughead said. ''Maybe if you don't press me all the day and give me some privacy I wouldn't want be alone sometimes'' I said crossing my arms and getting mad.

''Is it what you want? Space for yourself?'' Jughead said caressing my arm and I nodded. ''Okey, it's okey. I'll give you space'' Jughead said kissing my cheek and walking towards his room.

He stood in the middle of the hallway and looked at me. ''Betts'' Jughead said. ''Mmhm?'' I responded. ''Just... If you need something you can count on me, you know that, right?'' He asked worried. ''Yes Juggie, thanks'' I answered and he nodded and went to his room and I went to my room as well.

The following days were practically the same, going to class and home. I kept taking drugs and vomiting, but I didn't cut myself until one day I got home and heard moans. ''Jug?'' I yelled not knowing what to do, I was in shock. Ten minutes later he came out of his room.

''Look Betty, I was a little bussy, I didn't expect you so early so..'' Jughead started to say. ''Wait, what? Are you trying to tell me to go out so you can have fun for a while?'' I said angry.

''I didn't expect you so early, I told you!'' Jughead exclamed. ''Well, not my fault that you're a fucking and disgusting pig! I thought you loved me'' I began to cry ''You're a fucking liar!''.

''Betty, I love you but I've been waiting for weeks now and you just push me away. You barely talk to me lately! I can't be a fucking lost puppy waiting for you'' Jughead screamed. ''I heard enough, go back to your bitch and don't even think to talk to me again'' I said passing him and locking myself in my room. The last thing I heard before putting my headphones on was Jughead screaming my name and knocking in my door.

I took my blade and started to cut my arms. I felt useless, unwanted, completly alone. I was lost. and I spent the next month hanging out at night; not talking to Jughead, what made when we were with the group were uncomfortable. Toni and Cheryl were always with me, trying to cheer me up. 

One day I arrived college and I saw a lot of people around my locker taking pictures. I made my way through the crowd and saw photos of me in the bathroom of the college getting cocaine. I panicked and ran out of there until I ran into someone. ''Wow, where  you go so fast yonkie?'' Veronica said laughing with Trev. 

''Leave me alone'' I exclamed. ''What, are you ashame for getting high? You know you like it bitch'' Trev said and Veronica laughed. ''I said leave me alone'' I repeated. 

''Or what'' Trev said grabbing my arm. Jughead suddenly appeared out of nowhere and punched Trev. ''She said to leave her alone, jerk'' Jughead said and I ran away to my house.

When I got home I locked myself in the room and lay on the bed. I didn't want to know anything about the world outside. I fell asleep and woke up to the noise of someone knocking on my door. Before I could say anything the door opened revealing the last person I expected to see right now.