Chapter 30

A/N: Here is the next chapter, it took a little longer than expected to write the last half, so sorry about that, but I hope everyone likes it anyways. I'm bringing back Mother Mother because I love them honestly, the entire Very Good Bad Thing album is a hit. Also, to anyone who's going to bring up Oh Ana by them which is perfect for this book, I have a lot of songs that I'm just waiting to use for the right chapter, so it'll be used at some point, don't worry. Alright, enough rambling, enjoy this chapter and have a good week.

The next day, Logan brought Oliver's jacket to school with him. He thought it'd be weird to wear it, so he just carried it folded up in his arms as he got on the bus. Ivy was, of course, curious about it.

"Why do you have Oliver's jacket?" She asked almost the moment after they'd exchanged their usual morning greetings. Logan smiled a little, remembering sitting on the dock with Oliver.

"We hung out for a bit after the open mic finished, and we talked for a long time, and then I got cold and I tried to refuse it, but he said he was too warm, which was definitely bullshit, but it was nice anyway..and then I forgot to give it back." Logan said, he knew he was rambling, but he couldn't shut up about it, and he could hardly keep from smiling and giggling like an idiot the whole way through it.

"That's literally adorable, I ship it." Ivy said, giggling quietly and Logan laughed.

"You can't ship real people, it's rude." He said, not being serious, at least, not about him and Oliver.

"Well, I'm sorry, it's already done, I've shipped it, that's an irreversible action."

"Well, reverse it anyways." Logan said with a laugh and she crossed her arms with a grin, shaking her head.

"No can do, you guys would be perfect together and everyone knows it." She said, poking his nose and Logan smiled, turning a light pink and rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, maybe he'll ask me out or something someday." He said and Ivy smiled even more.

"Or you could ask him out."

"But what if he rejects me? Then I'd never be able to face him again."

"Okay, 1. He won't and 2. You would, it'd just be a bit awkward for a little while." She said and Logan shrugged a bit before picking up his backpack and Oliver's jacket as the bus was coming to a stop.

He didn't tell Ivy about the camping trip, not because he was scared of what she'd say or because he didn't trust her, but simply because he kind of just wanted it to be a secret, not the bad kind that festered into a ball of self-hatred and guilt and fear, but the nice kind that stayed shared between two or three people to keep whatever made the secret a lovely thing, because it'd all be ruined if the knowledge of that secret was too commonly known.

He walked into school and straight to Oliver's locker of which he'd known the code since he was a freshman and memorized it so he could sometimes put presents in his best friend's locker, but of course, he never did get to do that after that summer before freshman year. He was about to unlock it when Oliver walked up to him and he spun around with a little smile, his face turning red.

"Logan Pierce, are you breaking into my locker?" He asked with a little smile, leaning against his locker, one eyebrow cocked, and Logan looked up at him a bit sheepishly, giggling quietly.

"Well, I didn't see you, so I was just going to put this back." He said, holding out the jacket and Oliver took it with a smile.

"You know, I would tell you to keep it, because it definitely looks better on you, but it is my only jacket and even with the employee discount, it was still like- a hundred bucks, so thank you for unstealing my jacket."