Chapter 3

A/N: Chapter 3 is here in all it's glory. This book is honestly so fun to write, I'm sorry, I just really like venting my personal problems through characters and then fixing my personal problems through characters, because let's be honest, I'm wayyyy too tired and sad to get my problems fixed. Enjoy the third chapter and maybe give the song a go if you don't mind. I'm not really getting anything out of you listening to the music, but I like it, so maybe you will, also, most of them relate to the story in case you haven't picked that up. This week we've got Warrior by AURORA.

"Hey..wake up....Logan!" The boy's eyes snapped open and he took a breath, he didn't know what had happened but his head felt numb and some parts of his body hurt like hell while others just ached. Someone was holding his shoulders and that's when he noticed the black combat boots stood in front of him. Oliver? "You're awake." The taller boy sighed in relief but Logan wasn't sure why.

"What are you..doing?" Logan asked, his voice sounding shakier than he intended it to be.

"Making sure you're not dead, what does it look like I'm doing?" Oliver said, looking over him. "What happened?" He asked and Logan just looked at him before shaking his head and trying to get up. Pain shot up from his ribs and legs. He wasn't sure what hurt anymore exactly, it was more like everything hurt pretty bad and then some places hurt worse.

"I'm f-fine, I just..need to get home.." He said, sliding down the wall back to the ground. "Shit."

"I can drive you home." Oliver offered and Logan looked up at him.

"Since when do you offer rides?" Logan asked.

"Since finding you behind the school half dead. Can you walk or do I need to carry you?" He asked and Logan got up, walking with a bad limp on his left leg before Oliver just sighed and picked him up, holding him bridal style. "Logan, do you want a ride or not?" He asked and the redhead rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, sure." He said quietly and Oliver walked toward his car.

The black car was old and run down, the black paint chipped, but it seemed to work. The dark haired boy set Logan down in the passenger seat and walked around to get in his own seat. The redhead buckled his seatbelt with a wince and Oliver gritted his teeth.

"Who did this to you?" He asked and Logan adjusted his sweater.

"No one. Don't worry about it." He said.

"I'm serious, what kind of sick fuck would do something like this?"

"I don't want to talk about it!" Logan said, looking at him coldly. "Maybe if you were around more you'd know." Oliver just scoffed at that and shook his head.

"Whatever." They sat in silence for a moment. "Your address hasn't changed, has it?"

"No, it's still the same." Logan said quietly, he didn't remember conversation with Oliver being this hard when they were friends, maybe it was true, time did change things a whole lot.

"You okay?" He asked, glancing at him.

"Do I look okay?" Logan asked almost humorously. Oliver didn't find it funny.

"At least you can admit it now." He said, pulling out of the school while Logan took a breath and then winced, holding his side. At least he wouldn't have to worry about eating, the thought of food made him nauseous at the moment, or maybe he was just nauseous anyways.

After a few minutes, the silence was killing him.

"So...what's new with you?" Logan asked, looking at Oliver a moment. The taller boy shrugged, watching the road.