Chapter 19

A/N: Hey, your friendly neighborhood cactus back to bring you the next dose of depressing gay shit. Sorry I've been so inconsistent with chapters, I've been busy lately failing at life and being stressed out over things I don't know how to fix, but that's alright. I've been obsessed with Conan's new album, I think either 'Fight or Flight' or 'The Cut That Always Bleeds' has to be my favorite, but I chose 'The Story' for this chapter, it made me cry the first time I heard it and oh my god, it's sooo good! But anyways, enjoy this, I hope to have another chapter out within the next few days if I can, and have a great Easter if you celebrate it.

The next day Logan felt different, kind of better, or he thought so. Why wouldn't he be better, he had a boyfriend now, that was what he wanted, wasn't it? He felt liked he was doing something good for once, he was a normal person who had someone to date and even if he didn't know how he felt about him, they were still best friends, just now they'd spend more time making out. This was better than ruining their friendship by rejecting him anyways and he was helping Sy figure out his sexuality.

He hadn't expected Sy to pick him up in the morning with he thought was kind of sweet and he grabbed his backpack when he saw his friend's car outside. It made a part of him feel guilty, he couldn't be what Sy expected, he couldn't give him what he wanted, he wasn't going to be good enough. You're a fucking disappointment, what did you expect?

"Hey." Logan said, his backpack over one shoulder as he looked at Sy with a smile and Sy smiled back softly, nodding towards the car door.

"Hey, come on, I don't want us to be late." He said and Logan nodded, getting in.

When Logan was in and had his seatbelt buckled, Sy looked at him, a small smile on his face as Logan looked back at him and he kissed the boy, Logan quick to kiss him back, pulling Sy closer, his fingers curling around the fabric of his friend's t-shirt. Sy pulled away after a minute or so.

"Eager, aren't you?" Sy asked playfully with a grin. Fucking slut.

"A little." Logans said, running his fingers through his hair. "Sorry."

"It's not a bad thing." Sy said, running a finger over Logan's cheek. "It's kinda hot actually."

"We should get going." Logan said softly and Sy nodded, kissing him once more before turning to start his car again, driving off toward the school. Logan sat quietly, knowing Ivy would be wondering where he was when she realized he wasn't getting on the bus.

He wondered most what Oliver would think of him and Sy, how he would react, it was terrible how much he thought about him when he had a boyfriend, but it was his own fault for trying to get over a crush with another boy, it'd been naive to think being with Sy would magically take his mind completely off Oliver and make the problem vanish, though it was helping a little.

"Oh I forgot, the school play is happening in March, right?"

"Yeah, we've only got a few months to work on it, but we'll be prepared by then." Sy said. "How's set design going?"

"Pretty well. We'll have it all done way before March with all the people working on it, it's really only a few set pieces that needed to be painted and most of them don't even need detail so Mrs. Abernathy's just put me on ones that do." He said and Sy nodded.

"Yeah, you're good at detail, I've seen a few of your paintings in art class and stuff." Sy said and Logan smiled with a little shrug.

"Art's just the only thing that I've done consistently, it's calming I guess, and it helps me get stuff out." Logan said and Sy nodded.

"Yeah, my therapist said I've gotta find good coping mechanisms, I dunno, it kinda sounds like bullshit, I can deal with my problems without joining a support group and taking pottery classes." Sy said.