Chapter 10

A/N: Here it is, guys. 3 chapters in 2 days, are you proud of me? Also, WE OFFICIALLY HAVE 1K READS! WOOOO!!! Also, we have Save Me by Noah Kahan. I feel like it fits them.

"Logan, what is it?" Oliver looked at him sternly, concern mixing into almost anger and Logan just wanted to curl up and cry, or for Oliver to hug him and forget about it, but he knew he wouldn't. He was terrified to tell him if Oliver was this mad and he didn't even know who it was.

"I-It's not a big deal, don't worry about it." He said, but Oliver wasn't having it.

"No, this ends now, I'm not letting you continue to be beaten up and bullied and what the fuck did he do, choke you?" He asked and Logan nodded a little to the question, keeping his eyes trained down on his sweater sleeves. Oliver had gotten off of him and sat beside him, but Logan wished he were close, he wished he could bury his face in Oliver's chest and kiss him.

"You wouldn't believe me!" He argued, his eyes full of hurt as if Oliver had already rejected him even though he hadn't.

"Why would you think that?" Oliver asked, almost whispering.

"b-because." He said, his eyes filling with tears. Oliver too Logan's chin gently and forced the boy to look him in the eyes.

"Logan, who is it?" He asked, his eyes full of concern. Logan sniffled back a sob and pulled his chin away, looking at his sleeves again as he swallowed thickly.

"I-It's..I- c-can't, he'd kill me, and you'd hate me, a-and then I'd be dead and you wouldn't even care a-and everything w-would go to shit, and-" He was talking too fast and stuttering over his words as he spiraled into a panic attack, his eyes fixed on the ground as his breathing turned ragged. Oliver knew what was happening, though it seemed worse than when they were kids. He pulled Logan into his arms and hugged him tightly as the boy sobbed and gasped, his ears ringing from the wave of anxieties that was pulling him under.

"I could never hate you, never." Oliver whispered, holding him close. "And I'm not going to let anyone kill you, but you have to tell me who it is so I can protect you, okay? I won't let him hurt you, I promise, I'll walk you to every class if I need to and sit with you at lunch and drive you home, I don't care, I just want you to be safe, I can't stand to know that someone is hurting you, do you know how much that kills me, you're my best friend, you always have been, and until you leave me and find someone better, I'll be here." He said, playing with Logan's hair, resting his chin on the boy's head. Logan had calmed down a little, Oliver's voice always having been something that settled his nerves.

Logan nodded a little, his breathing still labored, but starting to come back as he focused on Oliver's fingers in his hair, leaning into it a little and Oliver smiled a little at the boy's reaction.

"Are you okay?" Oliver asked and Logan bit his lip. He wanted to say 'no', to tell him everything, to cry and scream and confess every single lie, but he just shrugged.

"You can tell me when you're ready, but I'm not going to call you a liar or distrust you just because I don't like the answer, I'm never going to like the answer, I don't want to believe that there's someone out there cruel enough to hurt someone as kind as you." Oliver said, his voice gentle as his words washed over Logan.

"I-It's Jace." Logan said, the words coming out quickly. He felt Oliver pause a moment, his hand stopping but not leaving it's place in his hair, his eyes staring ahead at a painting on Logan's wall.

"What?" Logan could tell he was holding back his anger, he could practically feel the ball of rage welling up behind the word. Logan took a shaky breath.

"I-It happened in the library earlier, h-he said he didn't want me hanging out with you and he said I shouldn't talk to you and I should ask you to get out of the school play because he thought you were gonna, I don't know, he asked if I was turning you gay, then he grabbed me.." He said, staring down at his sleeve. "It's been going on for a while though." He said quietly.