Chapter 23

A/N: Alright, I'm here to give you more gay shit- well..this chapter is less gay shit and more just friendship shit, but have it anyways, it's progressing the story. Also, this song doesn't have much to do with this chapter specifically, but it's kind of related to the book, and I just feel like Matt Maeson just needs more of an audience and must be shared because his voice is killer. Anyways, I hope everyone's having a great day and enjoy this chapter!

The first day of the year was cold, not freezing, but cold enough to leave the red-headed boy's nose and ears tinted red as he waited outside of his friend's house. It'd been a while since he'd last hung out at Ivy's house, but she'd pointed that out and he'd decided to walk there that morning. She lived down the street from him and it was a wonder that it'd taken them so long to find each other, but before camp the year he'd met her, he never thought to make friends with his neighbors. He'd never really felt like he belonged in the neighborhood that he did with the family he had and the life he didn't deserve. He knocked on the dark wood door, then waiting.

The door swung open to reveal Ivy, she smiled and Logan smiled back.

"Hey, stick, come in." She said and he nodded a little, walking in and glancing around a bit.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked and she shrugged, closing the door for him.

"Not much, just hanging out, we could play video games or something, that's what I've been doing all afternoon. It's so boring not being at school." She said with a soft sigh.

"I know, it's got my schedule all out of wack and I've got nothing to do half the day." Logan said, walking in. "We could play video games."
"Don't you have the art project thing to work on?"

"Yeah, but I don't feel like working on it right now, I'm kind of going through art block." He said with a quiet yawn.

"Genevive, make sure you clean your room before you do anything else, you know how I feel about it being messy." Her mom said, walking into the entryway. Ivy's mom had never taken to her nickname, but Ivy hated her full name so everyone else called her Ivy. Logan sometimes wondered if Mrs. Palmer just called her by her full name as a way to spite her. Ivy and her mother hadn't ever really gotten along well. They were both stubborn and had opposite opinions on a lot of things, one of those being that Ivy didn't want to marry a man and her mother seemed to think not marrying a rich husband and completely failing at life were just the same thing. Logan sometimes wanted to tell her that it was 2020 and marrying rich is kind of weird if you already are rich besides the fact that Ivy could still marry a rich woman, but Mrs. Palmer would probably think that was disrespectful and Logan didn't want her to stop liking him.

"I already did, Mom." Ivy said.

"And vacuumed?"

"Yup."

"Alright, then keep it clean." Mrs. Palmer said and then looked to Logan, smiling. "Oh, hey Logan."

"Hi, Mrs. Palmer." Logan said with a smile, giving a small wave. Mrs. Palmer had always been pretty nice to him even though he was gay, probably because he was always nice to her and never actually brought up liking boys around her unless she specifically asked and she never did.

"Did you have a nice Christmas?" She asked and Logan nodded.

"I did, yeah, was your good?" He asked.

"It was, we had a wonderful little family Christmas, Rachel came home for it and everything." Ivy's sister, Rachel, was at college abroad in London, apparently, it was cheaper for American students or something. Ivy had five siblings: Rachel who was 20, Ian who was 19, Evan who was 14, Fionna who was 10, and Daniel who was 7.