Chapter 5

A/N: Hey, so I'd just like to say, about this chapter, yeah, I know that usually you can't bring friends of the patient into a mental health inpatient ward, I've been in 2 of them, I know, so before anyone corrects me, it was just because I wanted to put it in the story. So that being said, the song for this week is Cursive by Billie Marten, I thought it sort of fit Logan and it's really pretty. Also, my procrastination is catching up with me a bit as I only have like, 3 more chapters written after this when I used to have a fallback of 5 and yes, that does make me slightly very anxious, but that's okay, I'll figure it out.

Logan took a breath in and out, looking in the mirror at the faded bruise just under his eye. He'd been home for two days already, and his dad said he needed to go back for Friday, so here he was Friday morning getting ready for school. He wanted to crawl back in bed, but he couldn't, he needed everyone to know he was okay anyways.

"Hey, bud, Matthew wanted me to make sure you got your meds." His father said, setting the baby blue, oval shaped pill on his dresser.

"Thanks, Papa." He smiled, glancing at it.

"Does it still hurt?" He asked, looking at the bruise.

"Not unless I touch it." Logan said and gave him a small smile.

"Alright, well, I've got to get going, but have a good day. Maybe we can go out to a movie or something this weekend."

"Yeah, sure, that sounds great." Logan said and hugged him before he walked out.

His father, Allen was a lot taller than Matthew, his other dad. According to the story Logan had always been told, they'd met sometime in highschool, Allen was on the football team, Matthew went to another school, but worked at the library close to Allen's school. Allen stopped in to get a book and Matthew was on shift, they just clicked and Allen had told Logan a few times he knew he was in love with him from the moment he saw him. Logan thought it was a cute story. Now they were working in a business together.

Logan adjusted his beige cable-knit sweater and picked up the pill, pulling a small glass jar out from under his bed, he dropped it in and watched it collect with the others. He'd stopped taking his meds a few months ago, he felt a bit guilty for wasting money on them, but he figured the peace of mind of his dads was worth more than a prescription.

"Hey, dad, I think I'm gonna walk today." He called down and ran down the stairs, picking up his backpack. He still had to work off the binge as best he could. He'd planned everything out: Fast 2 days, go on walks, and do extra exercise at night. He hoped that would make up for it anyways, he needed to get back on track.

"Alright!" He heard from the kitchen. "I love you, Bear, have a good day!"

"Thanks, Dad, I'll see you." He smiled and walked out the door, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. It was about a mile walk, it wouldn't take him more than 15 minutes if he walked fast. He'd still be twenty minutes early to school.

At lunch, Tyler looked a bit out of it and tired, Syrus was nowhere to be seen, and Ivy sat next to him, a small, sad smile on her face.

"Hey, what's up?" Logan asked, already concerned.

"Oh shit, Logan, I'm so sorry, I'll get you the notes."

"It's alright, get them to me whenever. What happened?"

"Syrus has just been in the hospital, I was seeing him the other day and I didn't have time to drive to your house."

"Wait, what? what happened?"

"The doctors are sure it was just his meds, but he tried to-" Tyler took a breath "He's in a mental hospital for attempted suicide." He breathed out and Logan's eyes widened.