29

Time to dive into the actual therapy sessions because I wanna explore it!

Also, these are becoming more what I feel like writing, but like with a plot in the background. But you guys don't seem to mind my spotty writing. What I write depends on my mood.

"Kurt Hummel?" The same lady from before called, poking her head out of the hallway with a clipboard. Kurt stood up with a nervous look to Blaine, walking towards her. He was still very timid about going to therapy especially with being alone in a room with what was seemingly a stranger.

"He can come if you want." She said, smiling to the boy. Kurt looked at her, and then to Blaine who was already standing up to walk over. Kurt nodded and Blaine was immediately at his side, taking his hand. They were led down to a room which was a bit more friendly looking than Dr. Brooks' office, Blaine thought. This one had inspirational quotes all over the walls. The therapist, Mrs. Rivers, took out a notepad and place it on the table with a pen as the boys sat down.
—————
Kurt Hummel, 16 Years
McKinley High School
Past Diagnosis: Mutism
Past Symptoms: None listed

"So Kurt, I hope you've been thinking since our last session. Is there anything you want to tell me before we start?" She asked kindly. Kurt shook his head, leaning into Blaine nervously. Blaine rubbed his back.

"Okay then. I want to start with a simple exercise today. I'd like you to write down three things that make you sad, and three things that make you happy." She instructed as Kurt took the paper. It was her job to get some basic information about Kurt before he was transferred to a new doctor who specialized in selective mutism. She could learn a lot from these basic exercises. Kurt hand her the paper after a whisper of encouragement from Blaine.

Happy:
Blaine, Fashion, Music

Sad:
Loss, Pain, Yelling

She took some notes. "Excellent job, that's great." She said. She knew she'd have to give Kurt instructions until he felt a bit more open. "Now can you tell me about Blaine and why he makes you so happy?"

Kurt wrote and Blaine smiled, seeing all the things Kurt wrote. Kurt was a bit nervous about Blaine seeing them but it was better than not having him there.

He makes me feel safe. He never makes me feel guilty, and he makes sure I'm happy and comfortable at all times. He's always there when I need him.

She smiled. It looked like Blaine was having a good impact on Kurt. She wrote down a couple things, about how Kurt may feel unsafe without him, or other things Blaine is filling. They did a few more exercises and some activities, Blaine joining in on some to. Blaine remembered his old therapist doing similar things with him when he was first starting out, so he was used to them. Kurt's session was far more worksheet based, seeing as he was having trouble with talking though, so he found it interesting to see some of these put on paper. The session ended with Kurt being given a few papers, the most notable being a log to fill out about how his day went. A scale of 1-10, One good thing, one bad thing, and a few sentences describing something that happened that day. Blaine took the therapists's silent instruction to make sure Kurt was on top of that every day.

But then it was Blaine's turn. Kurt was to wait out in the hall with Burt while Blaine went to his own session.
—————
Blaine Anderson, 17 Years
McKinley High School
Past Diagnosis: Emotional Trauma, Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorder
Past Symptoms; Irritability, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Abnormal Eating and Sleeping Habits

Dr. Brooks looked over Blaine's file. He'd have to make up a new one for his current state soon, but for that he'd need to get more out of the boy. He walked out and smiled as he saw the boy giving his friend a hug, and thought. He'd have to ask him about how much time he was dedicating to his friend, because it looked like they were close, maybe dating even. When he saw Blaine plant a small kiss on the boy's cheek, that confirmed it. He'd definitely have to ask. Not about the fact that it was two boys, god no, he wouldn't dream of that. He was a supporter of that. He'd have to ask him how much time he was devoting to himself and not his boyfriend.