Chapter 4: I cant name chapters

"Kurt?"

The boy looked to the voice. Blaine saw his sparkling eyes, and that proved it was the boy.

"Kurt, aren't you cold?"

He kept walking. Blaine drove next to him.

"I can give you a ride. C'mon, hop in." Blaine smiled. Kurt sighed. If he didn't do what Blaine wanted then he would be beat up for it, probably. He got into the nice car.

"I need your address, don't worry, I'm not a creep." Kurt wrote it down.

The ride was silent. Blaine didn't turn the radio on in case it annoyed the boy. He looked back in the mirror every now and then to make sure that Kurt was still there, like he wouldn't hear if he jumped out. Blaine just knew, there was something about Kurt. Something that made him want to help him a lot.

Once they got to Kurt's house, Blaine decided that it was best to walk Kurt inside.

"We're here." Kurt snapped out of his thoughts.  Blaine opened his door and proceeded up the steps. Kurt followed, a few feet behind. A man opened the door.

"Who a- Kurt!" The man started, enveloping Kurt in a dad hug. "Carole, get Kurt inside now!" He shouted. She ushered him in and started to go get him pajamas to wear, since they were warm.

"Who are you?" The man asked.

"Blaine Anderson Sir."

"Why was my son in your car?"

"Well, you see, he was-"

"Come inside, Son. Get out of that rain. I won't bite." The man smiled and let Blaine in. They sat down on the couch.

"Okay, now you can tell me why you're here."

"I met Kurt at school today, I'm new. I saw him walking home in the rain."

"Finn was supposed to drive him." Burt stopped Blaine.

"Who's Finn?"

"My stepson, keep going."

"I have him a ride home, he was cold."

"Kurt rode with you after one day?"

"Yeah, is that not right?" Blaine asked.

"Kurt... he's not like everybody. Get comfortable." Burt started, Blaine awkwardly moving around.

"Kurt... he's a great kid. Imma just say it now. He stopped talking during his freshman year. Mute. He won't trust anybody, not even his old Glee friends. It took him a bit to be in the same room as Finn. He thinks that everybody is going to attack him." Burt spoke. Blaine listened intently.

"His bullying got so bad..." his tears fell just a small bit, and he continued. "He tried to commit suicide..."

"Sir, I'm so sorry about that really." Blaine tried to comfort him.

"Please it's Burt."

"Right"

"At home, you have to speak to him quietly, Blaine. It helps him know that you aren't his enemy. Here, we sort of let him do what he wants, but he comes home with bruises. Bruises mean that my boy is getting beat up. Just... promise that you'll protect him if he gets close to you?"

"Of course, Burt. I will." Blaine smiled. He looked at his phone. "Shoot, gotta get home for dinner..." he said, a bit sadly.

"You alright Kid?"

"Yeah... my parents just aren't like you..."

"Stay for dinner. It's spaghetti night. Kurt's favorite." Burt smiled.

"Are you sure Kurt won't mind?"

"He'll be fine as long as he knows I'm here." Burt smiled. Carole came downstairs.

"Kurt's sleeping."

"Good, he can eat when he gets up." Burt replied, following Carole into the kitchen. "Make yourself at home, Blaine."

Blaine got comfortable on the couch and played on his phone. He texted his parents.
(Blaine is in italics and his dad is in bold)

I can't be home for dinner.

Why not?

I have plans with a friend.

Your Aunt Stephany is over.

I'm sorry Sir, I can't.

You better be back by 7 or you won't like what I'll do next.

Blaine turned his phone off, and blinked back tears.

"Dinner's ready, Blaine dear." Carole voice called to him.

"Coming."

Blaine sat down at the table, putting his phone in his pocket. The dinner was layed out buffet style. Blaine served himself politely, taking a decent portion of spaghetti.

"So Blaine, what's your story?" Burt asked.

"If you don't mind us asking, sweetie." Carole added.

"Well... I used to go to a private school called Dalton Academy, and I was in a Glee Club there called the Warblers. Recently," he sighed. "I came out to my parents." Burt and Carole stopped. Finn also opened the door.

"I'm home!" He shouted.

"Finn, where were you? You were supposed to bring Kurt home." Burt scolded.

"Sorry, coach Beiste had an unscheduled practice." He said, walking into the kitchen. "Who's that?"

Carole shot him a glare, mouthing 'manners'.

"I'm Blaine Anderson, a... friend... of Kurt's."

"You think it's that easy to trick my little brother?" Finn got defensive. He could be stubborn, yes, but he always stuck up for Kurt.

"No sir... I mean... Finn... nothing, nothing like that... I promise." Blaine got nervous.

"Finn, calm down. He brought him home so he didn't have to walk in the rain." Burt said, calmed more now.

"Right."

Kurt came downstairs. He was peeking in when Blaine saw him.

"Hey Kurt." He said softly. Kurt hid.

"Bud, Blaine won't hurt you. Promise. I'll make sure." Burt said. Kurt came in and sat down. Burt served Kurt some spaghetti and let him eat.

"How you feel?" He asked.

Kurt nodded. This was his sign for 'good.'

Blaine smiled.