Part 6

TW for mentions of physical abuse

Blaine was up all night. He couldn't get his dad probably plotting to beat him the next time he made eye contact. It was 2 in the morning, too cold outside of the covers, and too warm under the covers.

Blaine would be lying if he didn't admit to also shedding tears because of the stress and pressure. He let out a small cough, his throat having become a bit dry. They boy quietly stood up to get a drink from the bathroom down the hall, brushing a stray curl of ungelled hair out of his face.

He turned on the flashlight on his phone and quietly snuck through the hall until he located the bathroom, turning on the light. Kurt had still heard him, though Blaine didn't notice. Blaine looked for a glass or something to fill with water but found nothing, so he just took his hands and got as much as he could in them and drank like that.

A moment later a cup was placed next to him silently. The boy turned to see who it was, but the person had already left. The way the hallway was pitch black compared to the bathroom made it so Blaine couldn't see who was walking down it, but he could hear quiet footsteps. Blaine shrugged it off and took another drink before going back to bed.

—————

That morning, Blaine was tired to say the least. Kurt and the rest of the Kurt's family were downstairs eating. Blaine quietly came down the stairs, trying to not interrupt them.

"Hey there kid, sleep alright last night?" Burt asked him. Blaine gave a slight nod, though it was a total lie. Kurt made not too short and not too long eye contact with Blaine. Kurt knew he hadn't slept, he's not slept in the past and knew what it looked like. He knew. And Blaine knew that Kurt knew.

Blaine sat down as Carole smiled and served him some breakfast. Blaine kept glancing at Kurt, who had finished eating and was just staring at the table. All of his other emotions and tiredness had vanished when he saw Kurt again. Blaine just wanted to help Kurt get better now.

"Finish up, school is soon." Burt said, getting up, smiling at Blaine and giving Kurt a pat on the back.

"Uhm, Sir?" Blaine stopped Burt.

"Hm? Also, it's Burt."

"Right... Won't my family be looking for me?"

"I'll handle it"

"But won't we have to go to court and fill out papers and stuff for me to stay here?"

"I'll handle all of that stuff, you just get comfy and relax here."

Blaine swallowed and smiled again. His gaze went back to Kurt, who had gotten up to bring his plate to the sink. Kurt made no eye contact with anybody as he quickly walked to the stairs to his room to get ready. Blaine finished up and did the same. He really wanted to know more about Kurt.