19

I hope you're ready.

"You ready Kurt?" Blaine asked, putting his shoes on.

"Mhm." Kurt said, quietly. His dad was in the kitchen, and he hadn't spoken in front of him yet, but he was getting better speaking around Blaine, even if it wasn't a lot. He walked over to the door and pulled on a jacket and his shoes. Blaine was taking him out on a hangout, just them. Blaine had wanted Kurt to live a little and do something different than school and staying at home every day. He got permission from Burt to take Kurt somewhere, and made Burt promise not to tell Kurt where if he asked. It was surprise. He also asked Burt about some other things, but those were top secret.

Blaine followed Kurt to the car and they both got in. Blaine started to drive, mentally checking off the items he needed. They drove for about an hour, and Kurt actually participated in conversation this time, albeit not much, but he was speaking. They eventually pulled off to the side of the road. Kurt could see a town a bit down the road, but he trusted Blaine. He followed Blaine through a small path between the trees. He didn't miss the guitar on Blaine's back as they ascended a hill.

"Welcome to my favorite spot in all of Ohio." Blaine said as they reached the top of the hill. It was stunning. All below was a field of wildflowers, and the trees on the horizon were silhouettes against the sunset. There was a single tree on top of the hill that Blaine sat down against. Kurt sat too.

"This place is only ten minutes from Dalton and 20 from my house." Blaine stated. "I used to come here a lot."

"It's... breathtaking." Kurt said, more confidently because they were alone.

It really was. The sunlight cast a veil of gold over the flowers at the bottom of the hill, and the breeze was perfect. Refreshing but not too cold. It made the trees in the didn't even rustle, and that seemed to harmonize with every gust of wind. Blaine took out his guitar and looked out to the streaks of pink smeared on the orange sky, smiling at how the clouds were golden in the sunset. He played a few notes.

"You play guitar." Kurt pointed out, almost a question.

"Indeed I do. I learned when I was little." He said as he played more single notes.

"I've never been somewhere like this before." Kurt said, calm.

Blaine smiled. "Well take a listen." He said, leaning into Kurt. The boy was fine with any kind of contact with Blaine now. "I like this place. It's musical."

"How?" Kurt asked. He was curious.

"Do you hear the crickets? How about the trees? The wind? All of them are playing a song together." Blaine explained gently, making sure not to speak over the volume of nature.

"And even more than that. The view, it's music for your eyes. The sounds are music for your ears. This grass and the breeze? It's music for your touch." Blaine smiled. "I like to come here and make music with nature."

Kurt smiled a little bit. "That's really nice."

Blaine looked into his eyes. He had to stop himself from choking on his own saliva as the sun hit his face perfectly. He'd knew Kurt was good looking, but the sun highlighted his face and made his eyes glow. Blaine felt it again. The need for more. More of that beautiful smile that was just barely present on Kurt's lips. More of the shine in his eyes when the sun hit it right and when he was happy. He wanted more.

Kurt's thoughts weren't too far off of that either. Nobody had ever made him feel like Blaine made him feel. Nobody, well besides his dad, had made him feel so safe and protected. And only Blaine did it in this way. It was different than his dad. And Kurt wanted to return that. He knew Blaine was hurting too. He wanted more. To help him more, to have more late night conversations, more.

Both boys could feel the tension. The magic. The invisible melody that they were both hearing through their gazes. And then Blaine leaned in.

He was slow and gentle. Kurt could back out before Blaine reached him if he wanted. But he didn't. Blaine was ready to stop at any moment until he felt Kurt take hold of his face. Blaine did the same. Blaine had to restrain himself from going into full make-out mode, but he was fine with that. Kurt hadn't ever dated somebody before, and Blaine had to make sure he was okay with anything. Kurt didn't know his own limits yet.

After a minute, Blaine pulled back. He looked to Kurt, who was blushing. He caught his breath.

"Wow..." Kurt breathed, quietly. He looked into Blaine's eyes.

"Kurt... one of the real reasons I brought you here..." Blaine started. Kurt listened.

"I think I really like you. I... I wanted to ask... if you felt the same."

Kurt looked at him for a minute, and then nodded.

Blaine continued. "And maybe we could also go out for dinner, or... maybe... if you do like me, then-"

"Blaine, I already said yes." Kurt smiled, his blush still present. Blaine laughed awkwardly to himself. He leaned back.

"And I'd love to have dinner sometime." Kurt added. He wasn't even realizing that those words came out easily. He didn't think before speaking that time. He turned around and leaned against Blaine, wanting his warmth. He was a bit chilly and his seater wasn't helping. His body got cold really easily. Blaine noticed this and reminded himself to make Kurt eat more.

He wrapped an arm around Kurt and then pt his guitar in front of both of them.

"How about some nice evening karaoke?" He suggested, resting his head on top of Kurt's. They sat there, humming songs together until the last day of sunlight disappeared below the horizon. Once the sun was gone, it revealed thousands of fireflies down by the flowers, and only after staring at that, did they finally leave, Blaine carrying a half asleep Kurt to the car. No. His half asleep boyfriend.

Yay that happened