26

I've decided this is going to sort of be written in 'Episodes', albeit short ones. They skip a couple days most of the time and usually focus on one thing, this one being their breakfast. Cute interactions ahead. I had fun with this one.

Thankfully it was Saturday. Kurt and Blaine didn't have to go to school, and Blaine ddI t have to worry about Kurt all day. At least not as much. And he's started to be more comfortable in the Hummel household, making weekends like this one, where Burt and Carole were working and Finn was at Rachel's, more enjoyable. He got up around seven and was in the kitchen making pancakes. He hated leaving Kurt without somebody's arms to wake up in, but this was going to make up for it. It would also get him out of bed quicker. Too many times they had woken up and stayed in bed for hours just cuddling and occasionally making out.

He danced around the kitchen to some music while he stirred the pancake batter (a homemade recipe,) humming the songs. He was in a good mood this morning. He grabbed a mixing spoon out of a drawer and hit the drawer closed with his hip to the music. Blaine Anderson was vibing so hard that he didn't hear Kurt quietly descend the stairs and sit at the counter between the kitchen and the living room.

Kurt smiled and watched his goofy boyfriend seemingly having the time of his life, giggling when Blaine got flour on his nose and alerting the taller boy of his presence. Blaine blushed and turned off the music.

"You didn't see anything..." Blaine tried to cover up his embarrassing dancing. Kurt dismissed the topic.

"What are you making?" He asked. Blaine was glad to hear his voice fuller and not hushed like it had been for a lot of the previous week. Blaine walked over to the other side of the counter with the mixing spoon, supporting his weight on it with one arm and leaning toward Kurt. He twirled the spoon in the air next to him.

"Homemade blueberry pancakes, courtesy of Grandma Anderson." Blaine smiled mischievously. He poked Kurt's nose with the spoon and walked back to the mixing bowl, leaving Kurt pouting as he wiped his nose off.

"I didn't know you could cook." Kurt stated, glaring at him playfully.

"There's a lot you don't know about me. I'm pretty cool like that." Blaine leaned against the island in the kitchen. Kurt let out another giggle.

"Like what?"

Blaine pondered, and started listing things off as he pulled out a spoon and dipped it in the batter. "Like... my Mario Kart skills, my fashion sense, and my incredibly handsome look, just to name a few." He bragged, leaving over the counter again and holding the spoon up to Kurt's mouth so he could taste the pancake batter. He'd also turned the music back on during the conversation.

"I can agree with the looks, though my fashion sense is much better than yours." Kurt argued as his eyes lit up from the batter. "Ninety percent of the time you're wearing a primary color."

Blaine started to make the first pancake, spooning the batter onto a tabletop grilling apparatus and sprinkling more blueberries on top. He made a smiley face out of them. "As your boyfriend, I'm obligated to agree that you fashion is unmatched." Blaine said as if it was a bad thing. Jokingly of course.

"I guess I'm obligated to agree that you're the handsome one here..." Kurt said back in the same tone. They both looked at each other, Blaine breaking the standoff first with a smile, and they both started to laugh. He flipped the pancake with a spatula and started on another, this one having a heart made out of blueberries on it. "What are you gonna put on it next? 'I love Kurt Hummel?'" Kurt joked.

"You read my mind, actually. When did you gain telepathic powers?" Blaine asked, making a few more pancakes.

"Ever since you forced me to watch that superhero show, I've been sneaking off and getting powered by that... Spoon Labs place." Kurt said, spinning around on his stool.

"It's called Moon Labs, Kurt." Blaine corrected. "I won't hesitate to wear stripes with spots of you go butchering the names." Kurt made a shocked face. The thought of that made him want to break something. Blaine laughed and tossed Kurt a blueberry from the bowl of them he was using. Kurt caught it and popped it into his mouth. Thank god Kurt was eating.

"So," Kurt began, resting his head on his hand, watching Blaine. "Any particular reason you're making pancakes this morning?" He watched Blaine flip more pancakes and put the finished ones onto a plate, noticing his muscular arms. He had to admit, Blaine looked very good in that tank top.

"I just thought that you and I needed a change of pace, and I haven't cooked anything in a while." Blaine said, flipping the last few pancakes. When Kurt didn't reply, he kept talking. "I figured you'd enjoy a nice real breakfast." He finished up the last pancake and put it on the plate with the rest, brining it over to the counter.

"You sure we can eat all those?" Kurt asked as his moth watered. They smelled extremely good.

"You're looking at a pancake eating champion from second grade right here." Blaine bragged, pulling grabbing two plates as well as syrup and butter. He grabbed forks and knives and let Kurt help himself while he brought a stool around to the counter so he was across from Kurt.

"How many did you eat?" Kurt challenged.

Blaine looked away with a blush. "Only three. One of the kids was lactose intolerant, and the pancakes were made with milk, and the only other kid ate lunch right beforehand."

Kurt chuckled this time. "Well maybe you can beat that record today." Kurt said as he dug in. They ate together, Kurt scoffing at the cheesy designs Blaine made on the pancakes, and Blaine definitely not stealing from Kurt's plate. It was nice to have a relaxed morning for both of them for once.